Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blu-ray Region

Question Blu-ray Region

I used PowerDVD7 for months and never had a problem. I installed WinDVD (for enhanced audio) and now I'm getting "Mismatch between disc and player region codes" errors from WinDVD.

Using my Reservoir Dogs ISO as an example, AnyDVD shows this:

Code:
    Summary for drive L: (AnyDVD 6.5.5.9)
    ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4 
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
    Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
    Total size: 11414464 sectors (22293 MBytes)
    Video Blu-ray label: 22519413_RESERVOIR_DOGS
    Media is not AACS protected.
    Determined region(s): A
    Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
    Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region A!
    When WinDVD couldn't play this ISO, I checked WinDVD settings and WinDVD was not set to a region. Thinking this was the problem, I set the region to A using 1 of my 5 allowed changes. Reservoir Dogs still will not play in WinDVD because of the same region code mismatch ... even thoug they are both obviously set to A.

Just to show how weird this is, I tried Slumdog Millionaire and it plays even though the WinDVD settings are still region A and AnyDVD shows the ISO to be region A as well. AnyDVD shows Slumdog Millionaire ISO to be the same as Reservoir Dogs.

Code:
    ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4 
    Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
    Total size: 19170752 sectors (37442 MBytes)
    Video Blu-ray label: SLUMDOG_MILLIONAIRE
    Can't determine region code!
    Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!

On the first one AnyDVD detects it as Region A, on the second one it can't detect the region, so they're not the same. I suspect the second one is region free and AnyDVD HD just states it setting it to region A. I've always found AnyDVD HD to be a bit unreliable when running with unprotected ISO's which is why it's recommended to either make protected ISO's so AnyDVD HD can work properly or if you are going to make unprotected ones remove all the region coding etc when making the ISO and disable the virtual drive in AnyDVD HD so it doesn't try to mess with the unprotected ISO

All of my Blu-Ray ISOs all play with PowerDVD 7 just fine with no region problems ... I was under the impression that as long as AnyDVD was running I would be able to play all these ISOs period. At least that is the warning AnyDVD pops up everytime I rip.

The problem with PDVD7 was that it only supported 2 channel audio. So I upgraded to PDVD9 but playback stuttered constantly. Cyberlink refused support but did offer a refund.

So then I turned to WinDVD but Blu-Ray playback is usually blocked by region code. Even when the region code is not a problm, WinDVD usually crashes or freezes with Blu-Ray. Corel's stance is that they officially do not support Blu-Ray.

1. Where can I go to get support for PDVD9 Blu-Ray?
    2. Where can I go to get support for WinDVD Blu-Ray?
    3. When is Sly/Any Player going to be available?
    4. Is there another more reliable DVD / Blu-Ray ISO player?

Quote Originally Posted by jaja714 View Post
    s there another more reliable DVD / Blu-Ray ISO player?
    You can rip to hard drive or ISO with AnyDVD and playback with a standalone jukebox (WD HD TV, TVIX, Popcorn Hour or Dune-HD) from about 80 euros.

Or you could make a movie only ISO which might (or might not) help you to play with PowerDVD in the meantime.
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

I used AnyDVD to rip Blu-Rays to ISOs. I didn't change any of the defaults. I just clicked "Rip to Image" and then "Copy DVD". Done. Sometimes, AnyDVD asks me region code questions and sometimes it doesn't. When I'm prompted, I say Region A. When I'm not prompted, I have no idea what AnyDVD is doing. I have no idea what "Keep protection" means and I never clicked or unclicked it.

Let's not get off topic. People can chime in until they are blue in the face telling me how to rip ISOs but the ISOs are already ripped. So let's solve that problem. My ISOs work just fine with PowerDVD7. How do I get them to play in WinDVD9?

Quote Originally Posted by jaja714 View Post
    I used PowerDVD7 for months and never had a problem. I installed WinDVD (for enhanced audio) and now I'm getting "Mismatch between disc and player region codes" errors from WinDVD.

Using my Reservoir Dogs ISO as an example, AnyDVD shows this:

Code:
    ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.4 
    Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
    Total size: 11414464 sectors (22293 MBytes)
    Video Blu-ray label: 22519413_RESERVOIR_DOGS
    Determined region(s): A
    Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region A!
    When WinDVD couldn't play this ISO, I checked WinDVD settings and WinDVD was not set to a region. Thinking this was the problem, I set the region to A using 1 of my 5 allowed changes. Reservoir Dogs still will not play in WinDVD because of the same region code mismatch ... even thoug they are both obviously set to A.
    Does it work if you disable region code removal in AnyDVD settings?
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

I hope you are not talking about ripping ISOs. Remember ... the ISOs are already ripped and play just fine in PDVD7. Let's focus on playing them in WinDVD9.

So you have a problem and one of the developers asks a trouble shooting question and you brush him off?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Default Play ISOs with WinDVD9

I'm not brushing anyone off who can help me "Play ISOs with WinDVD9". I'm only brushing off people trying to tell me how to rip ISOs. Since I'm not sure which direction James was trying to steer this topic in, I was simply attempting to clarify. If James was talking about adjusting AnyDVD settings to help me "Play ISOs with WinDVD9" ... I'm all ears. However, I suspected otherwise.

I'm trying to "Play ISOs with WinDVD9" but people keep telling me how to rip ISOs. Look, they are already ripped and I do not want to rip them again as it would take me over 40 hours. I verified when I ripped them the first time that they play fine in PDVD7. I just want to play them in WinDVD9 because WinDVD9 supports more than 2-channel audio. Also, nothing upconverts DVD better than WinDVD9.

Again, does anyone know why I get region mismatches in WinDVD9 but not PDVD7? I would love to ask Corel but they will not officially support Blu-Ray even though they charge $99 for just such that ability.

I know everyone is trying to help but ... PLEASE ... post only if you are helping me "Play ISOs with WinDVD9".