Thread: Two simple questions: what is virtual sheep and installing new versions

SLOVEHEART Guest

Question Two simple questions: what is virtual sheep and installing new versions

I am new to VCD, I am wondering what is virtual sheep? And with new versions of VCD can one install them over the older version, or does the older version need to be uninstalled first?

Thanks for any help...

Gives you a sheep icon for your virtual drives. I always just install over the old version.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOVEHEART View Post
    I am new to VCD, I am wondering what is virtual sheep? And with new versions of VCD can one install them over the older version, or does the older version need to be uninstalled first?

Thanks for any help...
    1. From the Virtual CloneDrive manual:

„Virtual Sheep“: This helps to better keep the virtual drives from physical drives. You can select the Virtual CloneDrive Icon to mark your virtual drives as an option
    2. Yes, you can install an update right over an existing install. I would recommend unmounting images before doing so, however. It may not be required but I still do it nonetheless. I also exit AnyDVD, CloneDVD, or any other Slysoft program so that shared files aren't being used. As a result I don't have to reboot after updating.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

SLOVEHEART Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by damnskippy View Post
    Gives you a sheep icon for your virtual drives. I always just install over the old version.
    Okay Thanks - damnskippy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
    1. From the Virtual CloneDrive manual:

2. Yes, you can install an update right over an existing install. I would recommend unmounting images before doing so, however. It may not be required but I still do it nonetheless. I also exit AnyDVD, CloneDVD, or any other Slysoft program so that shared files aren't being used. As a result I don't have to reboot after updating.

Thankk You for the extra info - Another (maybe stupid) question - where can one find the VCD manual? Never mind - I found it in program list under start - Many Thanks for the fast help...