Thread: No more AnyDVD taskbar show??

Hybrid View

Default No more AnyDVD taskbar show??

I noticed recently when I with 6.5.6.9 to 6.5.7.2beta that with my Avira A/V update and Nvidia driver update and spybot update that I am now missing Anydvd and Spybot teatimer on the taskbar? Does anyone know what is deleting those two resident taskbar programs from the registry? I know cause I compared images from 6.5.6.9 to 6.5.7.1 and found the registry needed to have those two taskbar resident program running is gone. Even a quick look at the msconfig shows that they are missing compared to previous msconfig images. I never had this happen before and stump as to how to fix it other then a new fresh install to see if that problem doesn't go away.

This is almost always a security software related issue. And teatimer is known to cause conflicts with some installations of Anydvd.

If you're using Vista, then click this.

If you have Zonealarm on your system, ensure Anydvd is being given permission to access the trusted zone.
    Similarly if you have a firewall, antivirus or spyware program--ensure it's not blocking Anydvd from running.
    Provided you downloaded Anydvd from Slysoft's website, Anydvd is a safe program (you have nothing
    to be paranoid about).

If you have System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, or any kind of registry monitoring program, please ensure
    these programs are allowing Anydvd's installation program to modify your registry--as those programs can block
    Anydvd from installing properly.

If you keep getting "your trial has ended" messages, despite using your license key
    visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=196

If Anydvd says your drive is disabled, ignore the message unless you also receive it
    when you have a movie inserted in that drive.
    Some drives' firmware may report the wrong
    information to Anydvd. Often Anydvd will still function properly.
    visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=12 (Zebadee's Anydvd works fine)

If Anydvd can't see your drives or they aren't listed, click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to "Drives"-->"Selection".
    Ensure your optical drives are checkmarked.

Right click the Anydvd icon on your desktop. Click "properties". Click the "Compatibility tab". If you're using
    Windows XP, ensure the box for "compatibility mode" is not selected. -- thanks to vbro for the information

linx05 says Teatimer enabled on Spybot can cause problems during installation: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...04&postcount=5

1. Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
    b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
    c) Reboot
    d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
    e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
    f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
    g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
    h) Reinstall
    i) Reboot
    j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
    k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

So then I should reimage back the old image and then shutdown and disable teatimer from running and install the newest version of Anydvd? I was also wondering as you mentioned if teatimer wasn't causing something to go array as well but couldn't confirm it. I did find some links to disable and stop tea timer so I give it another try again so that my resident AnyDVD will load and stay in the taskbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Recycle View Post
    So then I should reimage back the old image and then shutdown and disable teatimer from running and install the newest version of Anydvd? I was also wondering as you mentioned if teatimer wasn't causing something to go array as well but couldn't confirm it. I did find some links to disable and stop tea timer so I give it another try again so that my resident AnyDVD will load and stay in the taskbar.
    I would uninstall teatimer, and go through the steps I listed.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

I uninstalled and deleted all folder pertaining to spybot and teatimer. But even then the registry that loads Anydvdtray was missing? I had to manually edit the registery matching previous registry created by Anydvdtray just to get the taskbar icon to work. So now I don't have any trace of spybot or folder on my system. So now I edit it and installed 6.5.7.2 beta with this editing and it works now. But why did it work previous before with spybot and anydvd HD together and they both ran fine? Was there a change in AnyDVD or spybot to cause this problem when I updated both program?
    Last edited by Recycle; 1st August 2009 at 03:20. Reason: revise

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm

In msconfig, you want to have as few start-up items as possible to gain performance from your computer. ONLY the items that are bare bone needed.

There are three methods of removing un-necessary start-up items.
    1. From the software program itself.
    2. From the start-up folder in start-up
    3. From the registry itself.

The above website will help you thru what start-up items to keep and what start-up items to get rid of.

This will make a HUGE DIFFERENCE in performance.
    Fast Eddie