Thread: iso image mounted but will not start...

Default iso image mounted but will not start...

I'm using Windows XP and want to play an iso of a game I've had for a long time. The image is mounted fine and seems to be good. I can open it and see the files contained in it etc but when I double click the icon nothing happens. I've also tried right click -> Autoplay and still no results. I open the image and try clicking the setup icon and still nothing. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

try finding the .exe file for the game and double clicking on that

No luck. Still will not work.

I'm not impressed with this program at all. I haven't been able to get anything to run once it's mounted using this thing. I've tried everything I know how to make this work and I've just about had enough.

Virtual CloneDrive isn't really intended for mounting game images. If there is any newer protections on the original game then it simply won't work because Virtual CloneDrive doesn't provide any emulation. For games I would recommend using Game Jackal.

For all my needs I have no problems mounting SD DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-ray, and data images. For games I use Game Jackal and it's working great.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Thanks for the suggestion.

also, iso format is useless for protected games, because it won't contain the protection signature data... so it'll never work, unless the disk check is a very simple primitive one, definately wont work for safedisc, starforce, securom, protectdisc etc..

I've had countless game images mounted on this computer in the past using Alcohol 120% and never had a problem opening the Setup.exe and installing the game. Just recently I haven't been able to open anything from the image on the virtual drive in My Computer, doesn't matter what program I use, Daemon Lite, VCD, Alcohol, PowerISO. I try to double click the setup.exe and the pointer blinks quickly, shows the hourglass for just a fraction of a second and then nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by purpletornado View Post
    I've had countless game images mounted on this computer in the past using Alcohol 120% and never had a problem opening the Setup.exe and installing the game. Just recently I haven't been able to open anything from the image on the virtual drive in My Computer, doesn't matter what program I use, Daemon Lite, VCD, Alcohol, PowerISO. I try to double click the setup.exe and the pointer blinks quickly, shows the hourglass for just a fraction of a second and then nothing happens.
    If the problem is happening with all software then you might have a deeper system problem. I honestly don't know. I simply don't create game images. Game Jackal requires far less space and handles the newer protections.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.