Thread: PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra 5105 Build Help ...

Default PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra 5105 Build Help ...

I installed PDVD 7.3 Ultra Retail Build 5105 over Retail 4617a (before downloading AnyDVD HD trial) to be able to play "The Day The Earth Stood Still - Keanu Reeves". The 5105 build:

1. PowerDVD closes silently - as if closed with mouse click, no messages, no errors - upon pressing play button irrespective of media type - dvd, hd-dvd, bd.

2. No available audio settings under "audio" tab of configuration - greyed out/disabled blank drop-downs.

3. No available region settings under "BD Region" tab - greyed out/disabled radio buttons, none preselected, 0 changes remaining.

4. CLDShowX.dll access exception: 0xC0000005.

I have been dealing with Cyberlink so called tech support. Does anyone have/had this issue? Any resolutions?

Quote Originally Posted by verilogger View Post
    I installed PDVD 7.3 Ultra Retail Build 5105 over Retail 4617a (before downloading AnyDVD HD trial) to be able to play "The Day The Earth Stood Still - Keanu Reeves". The 5105 build:

1. PowerDVD closes silently - as if closed with mouse click, no messages, no errors - upon pressing play button irrespective of media type - dvd, hd-dvd, bd.

2. No available audio settings under "audio" tab of configuration - greyed out/disabled blank drop-downs.

3. No available region settings under "BD Region" tab - greyed out/disabled radio buttons, none preselected, 0 changes remaining.

4. CLDShowX.dll access exception: 0xC0000005.

I have been dealing with Cyberlink so called tech support. Does anyone have/had this issue? Any resolutions?
    Are you using Comodo anti virus / internet security?
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Are you using Comodo anti virus / internet security?
    I am using Comodo Firewall/Defense+. Defence+ is disabled. Just so that I am clear, the powerdvd issue happened even before I installed AnyDVD Trial.

HTPC is Vista SP2 32-bit Home Premium with LG GGW-H20L super multi drive, ATI HD3200 graphics, and RealTek Audio. All drivers, etc. are up-to-date. HTPC runs freeware Comodo Firewall with Defence+ (3.11.108364.552), freeware Avast! 4.8 Home Version.