Thread: AnyDVD does not detect Drive

Angry AnyDVD does not detect Drive

I have anyDVD 6.5.9.5 and i am trying to backup Transformers 2 and i have the region set to Canada, but my drive is not recognizing the disc, If i put in another DVD movie my computer will recognize the disc, but anyDVD will not recognize the disc, i have tried to reinstal it but it just won't work.
    Last edited by widowmaker; 24th October 2009 at 14:23.

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    I have anyDVD 6.5.8.5 and i am trying to backup Transformers 2 and i have the region set to Canada, but my drive is not recognizing the disc, If i put in another DVD movie my computer will recognize the disc, but anyDVD will not recognize the disc, i have tried to reinstal it but it just won't work.
    A. Clean the disc

B. 1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
    2. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
    3. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
    4. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
    5. Click "properties".
    6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
    7. Select the region that you're in
    8. Start Anydvd

C. Allow Anydvd up to 10 minutes to scan the disc before you open any other programs when inserting the original disc into your optical drive. Some computers take more time to scan some discs than other computers do, depending on system specs.

D.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
    b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
    c) Reboot
    d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in the drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.