Thread: How to handle DVDs showing DVD MEDIA or UNDEFINED instead of the title?

Hybrid View

Default How to handle DVDs showing DVD MEDIA or UNDEFINED instead of the title?

I have run about 300 regular DVD discs (region 1) through ANYDVD HD and it has been working very, very well.

From time to time, the movie's name will come up as 'DVD MEDIA' or 'UNDEFINED'. I am ripping these to a Netgear NV+ for streaming on a Netgear streamer.

I usually just go in and edit the folder name after the rip is done. Is that the best way to handle it? "Deep Impact" is one such movie in this category. Tried 2 different clean DVDs at different times and got the same movie name.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by mccasle View Post
    I have run about 300 regular DVD discs (region 1) through ANYDVD HD and it has been working very, very well.

From time to time, the movie's name will come up as 'DVD MEDIA' or 'UNDEFINED'. I am ripping these to a Netgear NV+ for streaming on a Netgear streamer.

I usually just go in and edit the folder name after the rip is done. Is that the best way to handle it? "Deep Impact" is one such movie in this category. Tried 2 different clean DVDs at different times and got the same movie name.

Thanks in advance!
    Handle it just like any other DVD. When the disc was authored by the Studio this is how they named it. This is simple laziness on their part. It's not AnyDVD doing anything odd.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by mccasle View Post

From time to time, the movie's name will come up as 'DVD MEDIA' or 'UNDEFINED'.
    That's based on the volume name of the dvd. It's not a bug.

Specificy a different directory path if you want before ripping.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Now that we've established (twice) that AnyDVD has nothing to do with it - the answer you're looking for is YES - renaming the folder after the ripping is perfectly fine if you do not or cannot rename up front. I personally go in and rename the videots folder to the movie name and move it out to the front - eliminating one depth of directory structure.

-W
    Last edited by Clams; 1st November 2009 at 18:20.