Thread: Windows 7 freezes when burning DVD with CloneDVD...

Default Windows 7 freezes when burning DVD with CloneDVD...

Hi all/support,

I have had ZERO problems in the past with AnyDVD/CloneDVD etc. Recently my system starting freezing when burning ISO images. I have no problem ripping the movies to backup, but when I go to burn them, my system freezes at random times.

I have tried using different media and wonder if it might be a Windows 7 issue or I/O issue?

My PC is ASUS X83VM - drive is a hl-dt-st dvdram gsa-t50l (rev SR04)
    Running Windows 7 on 64-bit system
    4gig of RAM
    plenty of horsepower

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Steve

Default Do this instead?

Do this instead of burning to DVD Writer?

Quote Originally Posted by steveo3279 View Post
    Hi all/support,

I have had ZERO problems in the past with AnyDVD/CloneDVD etc. Recently my system starting freezing when burning ISO images.

Where are you getting these .iso images from?

I have no problem ripping the movies to backup, but when I go to burn them, my system freezes at random times.
    Why are you ripping, and not simply doing what's outlined here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

1. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302, follow the steps, and provide all of the requested, information, please

2. Freezing can usually be attributed to hardware issues, such as faulty power supplies (get yours checked) and overheating (open up your case and check for dust in fans), and driver conflicts.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo3279 View Post
    Do this instead of burning to DVD Writer?
    No.

And click the link in my signature, and read #1 fully
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Default More info...

I am creating these ISO images from my personal DVDs to have a hard copy of the disc backups.

I'll try the other method and report back. Again, no problem getting the images via CloneDVD/AnyDVD, it is burning them. Seems to have started with Windows 7 upgrade....

I'm using Windows 7.

Upgrades are typically bad ideas; fresh installs are preferable.

Also, it may not be a bad idea to right click on the Clonedvd icon on your desktop, and click the "Compatibility" tab. Under "privilege level", select "run this program as an administrator". Click "apply". Click "ok".

Again,

1. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302, follow the steps, and provide all of the requested, information, please

2. Freezing can usually be attributed to hardware issues, such as faulty power supplies (get yours checked) and overheating (open up your case and check for dust in fans), and driver conflicts.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 16th November 2009 at 17:03.