Thread: Verbatim DVD+R DL Still Made in Singapore

Default Verbatim DVD+R DL Still Made in Singapore

I picked up Verbatim DVD+R DL discs today and shocked to discover they still made in Singapore, not Taiwan. Verbatim #94912 0705-102. Despite the packaging indicating 2.4x at the bottom of the front cover it says "up to 6x". Cost: $30 for 10. I just hope Verbatim don't stop Singapore producing these.
    Toshiba Qosmio X500 X500/04N - Intel Core i7 Quad Core Processor 740QM (1.73GHz/2.93GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 6MB L2 Cache) / 18.4" 1920x1080 Display / 8GB DDR-3 RAM / 1TB HDD (1x 7200RPM 500GB + 1 x 5400RPM 500GB - Hitachi) / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 360M / BD-RW Burner (Matsushita BD-MLT UJ240 ES).

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster View Post
    I picked up Verbatim DVD+R DL discs today and shocked to discover they still made in Singapore, not Taiwan.
    You mean "not India" (by Moser Baer)

You probably found a place that still has some old stock, which is good.

I've read rumours of some Verbatim +R DL being made in Taiwan, but I haven't seen any.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post

I've read rumours of some Verbatim +R DL being made in Taiwan, but I haven't seen any.
    Maybe I should stock up while they are available, because the changes in manufacturing are usually pretty sudden - one day Made in Singapore, next day Made in India - no warning. I have stayed away from the Verbatim -R DL as recommended. These ones say "up to 6x *". The * denotes "up to 6x speed with compatible with high speed DVD+R DL drives". I too have heard of DL's being made in Taiwan too, but no sign yet. I recently found out TDK (which I used for a couple of years with no issues) sold off their media division to Imation - bit of a shock that one.
    Toshiba Qosmio X500 X500/04N - Intel Core i7 Quad Core Processor 740QM (1.73GHz/2.93GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 6MB L2 Cache) / 18.4" 1920x1080 Display / 8GB DDR-3 RAM / 1TB HDD (1x 7200RPM 500GB + 1 x 5400RPM 500GB - Hitachi) / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 360M / BD-RW Burner (Matsushita BD-MLT UJ240 ES).

Default Verbatim BD-R DL source

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post

Just picked up from www.meritline.com....
    verbatim (96909) blu ray double layer branded media disc (bd r disc) 50gb 2x dl bdr media discs write once in 10 cake box spindle 243-074 @ $12 ea.
    Pioneer BDR-205BK+
    AnyDVDHD + "Rip To Image"+ImgBurn to a Verbatim BD-R OR Verbatim BD-R DL