Thread: [Resolved] Problems with AnyDVD and Windows 7

Default [Resolved] Problems with AnyDVD and Windows 7

Greetings,

I just purchased a new Gateway NV53 laptop which had preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium.

All worked well until I installed AnyDVD (which I cannot live without having used it for so many years...thanks guys!!!)

Anyway, after installing, my DVD drive stops working entirely. AnyDVD's balloon comes up scanning the disk, then disappears and the computer ejects the disk and a popup message appears asking me to insert a disk to continue. This happens with ANY type disk I insert (cd,dvd, etc...).

To correct this problem and return the system to be able to open/read a disk I must completely uninstall AnyDVD. I am using the newest version of AnyDVD and am stumped as to why this could be happening.

Anyone have any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Thank you!!!
    rickyT

I run Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on three different computers--one of them a notebook, and I have no issues at all.

1. Disable User Account Control: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

2. Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.

3. At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs

4. Right click on setupanydvd6603.exe, and select "run as administrator"

5. After installing, reboot.

6. Enable your antivirus and firewall programs

7 .Also, this is basic Micrsoft troubleshooting procedure (someone forwarded this to me, but this is pretty standard):

A) Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press Enter.

If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

B) Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

C) Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

NOTE: we can go back to normal boot by running msconfig again and checking on Normal Startup in the General tab.

In the Clean Boot Environment, the third party services and applications are disabled, please check if you can run Anydvd 6.6.0.3

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service you have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

8. Click the red fox icon-->Program settings-->--->enable "safe mode"-->Click "ok". Any difference? (You may have to boot into Windows safe mode to try this)

9. use Protection ID (click the underlined text). It's a free program.

a. run the program
    b. select the icon that looks like a computer with a green line on the monitor screen. This icon is on the left. You should now see "Task Manager".
    c. On the bottom the "Proc." button should be selected. Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
    d. Now click the drv. button on the bottom. Again, Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
    e. Now select the misc. tools icon on the left side of the screen (it's the bottom left). Select "cd filter drivers" tab on the bottom. Click "scan". Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
    f. Click the "services" tab on the bottom. Click "scan". Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
    g. Click the "environment" tab on the bottom. Click "scan". Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save". Zip up all the text files using Winzip or another program.
    h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
    i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    l) click "upload"
    m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Default Thank YOU!

That worked, didn't know I needed to run it as an administrator to properly install. I hate these things MS throws into Windows, what is the point!

Anyway< thank you again!!!

rickyT

You're welcome!

Take care
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

my program was working, now it will not copy any dvd, what do I do

Question Progarm not working

my program fial after coping sever dvd. I get not responce from the progaram what do I have to do to fix this problem

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd robinson View Post
    my program fial after coping sever dvd. I get not responce from the progaram what do I have to do to fix this problem
    Start a new troubleshooting thread -
    post a log file -
    read the stickes and do what they say.

-W