Using GameJackal profiles with Steam
In Steam you can add non-steam-games to the games-list and having Steam-overlay, Steam-Friends, chat, community and stuff. Although you can see wich games your friends actualling are playing.
But is is a problem to add a GameJackal profile as a non-Steam-game, because you only can add .exe files and no links and with the gamejackal.exe + parameters it doesn't work properly.
Example: D:\GameJackal\GameJackal_cl.exe "39998.5010615972|The Settlers II"
But there is a workaround to do.
1. Adding original game .exe to the list to get the right icon.
2. Create a desktop link from GameJackal profile.
3. Right klick game in Steam-games-list choosing properties.
4. Exchange content in text input with the .exe with the exact address of desktop link.
"C:\Users\Name\Desktop\Games\The Settlers II (GJ).lnk"
Important: Use quotes and .lnk extension (lnk stands for Link)
5. Now you can start the game as GameJackal-profile without using DVD and with the advance of Steam.
I think it's worth the work.
Last edited by TEO; 2nd December 2009 at 17:34.
Intel Q8200 / MSI P45 NEO 3 FR / 4 GB DDR2 1067 / GF GTX 280 / HDD Seagate 1T/32M / 19" TFT Scenicview P19-2 1280x1024 @Vista Ultimate 32bit
Intel P8600 / ASUS Notebook / 4 GB DDR2 800 / GF 9650 M GT / HDD Samsung 500G/16M / 15,4" TFT 1280x800 @ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit