Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD backup not playing on Blu-ray Player

Default DVD backup not playing on Blu-ray Player

I've made copies on DVD-R's using AnyDVD and DVDNextCopy2 and they played fine until I got a LG BD390 Blu-Ray player. The new LG shows the content as blocky and stop-start like.

I'm thinking it was CSS?

So, I got AnyDVDHD thinking that this might solve the issue. Issue is still there.

I've made sure there's no packet writing going on and that the Firmware is up to date on my DVD burners.

Had been using WinData discs without a problem. Got Sony DVD-Rs with AccuCore am still having the problem.

Any thoughts? Should I have to get a Blu-Ray burner and make new copies of my discs?

Cool It's the burning, not the decrypting

AnyDVD does not have a twit to do with how or what you burn after is processes the content.

That symptom is a burning issue with your burning product. Contact their support for that symptom. If it was CSS you wouldn't have turned a wheel for the burning process.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

It sounds to me like your Blu-Ray player just does not like to play burned disks in general. You can try other brands of blank media (Verbatim) and dirrerent burning software but I think you'll be wasting time. The fact that you got AnyDVD HD, thinking it had anything to do with anything, and are talking about CSS, indicates to me that you're in way over your head here.

-W

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I've used DVD-Rs that have original content on them that I burned with Nero and they work just fine on the Blu-Ray player. Original content was TV commercials for clients (I'm a web designer) and not copies of DVDs.

Media was the same WinData disc batch, copied from my PC. So I don't think it's the media in the LG Blu-Ray.

Will read the posts that were linked. Going to get some Verbatims this afternoon and try copy again.

Going to check posts on DVDNextCopy's forums on this issue as well.

Could there be just an issue with the firmware on the LG BD390 blocking the copies?

Log file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sony media according to DVD Identifier is

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:SONY16D1]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
    Manufacturer Name : [Sony Recording Media Co.]
    Manufacturer ID : [SONY16D1]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Quote Originally Posted by cjpopp View Post
    Could there be just an issue with the firmware on the LG BD390 blocking the copies?

NO - you are not dealing with any sort of prohibition or protecion issues.

It's something to do with the blank media vs the burning software vs your player. Try setting DVDNextcopy to output to DVD files and burning the output with Nero and see if that might work.

You have too many variables and need to eliminate something in order to move forward.

-W

You have been given good advice on better blank media. The post looks semi familiar to a post over on the DNC support forum. I recall alot of this and remember stating or was stated to get better quality blank media like verbatims or TY's. Also what copy setting is being used and burn speed?
    My Server System : ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard, Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz, CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), XFX HD-Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5, Thermaltake Armor MX+, Windows Server 2011 64 Bit Edition
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

To test your LG BD390 Blu-ray player to see if it will play all types of homemade compliant Blu-ray structures built on blank BD-5, BD-9, and BD-R do the following. Follow the EXACT instructions, and ALWAYS use + type blank media for standard definition and set it to DVD-ROM with Imgburn, when possible, before burning.

AnyDVD HD
    Clown BD
    Imgburn

Put the movie only on a blank BD-R single layer (25gb) and test it on your LG BD390, if you see the movie needs compression to fit on a blank BD-R then only put part of the movie on the BD-R, don't put compression on the disk for test purposes.

Last edited by fast eddie; 11th December 2009 at 07:48.
    Fast Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    get better quality blank media like verbatims or TY's. Also what copy setting is being used and burn speed?
    Just got Verbatim DVD-R's (Made in India) tonight and burned at 4x using DNC Standard. Set Normal for quality.

Same result.

Thinking TY now. Any particular type of TY?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast