Thread: AnyDVD (HD) not reading DVD

Default AnyDVD (HD) not reading DVD

I am having trouble with one DVD. I returned a copy and now I get the same problem with another copy so I doubt it's a dirty or damaged disc.
    I have checked that the region is set up in the drive as suggested in the message box and it is; it's region 2 (which also matches the DVD region).
    I had the problem with 6.6.0.3 and I am now trying 6.6.0.6 but I get the same result.

Any help appreciated. Log attached. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by utenteanonimo64 View Post
    I am having trouble with one DVD. I returned a copy and now I get the same problem with another copy so I doubt it's a dirty or damaged disc.
    If you think that you've reached a definitive conclusion, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11981 (refer to #2, #17, and #47)

Code:
     57.55s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
     64.58s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
     71.64s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
     78.56s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
     85.63s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
     92.68s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
     99.73s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
    106.78s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
    113.83s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
    118.94s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
    118.95s: read error 2076383 to 2076399, max 4022252, io->read_error 0
    118.95s: FindNextProtectedSector failed - read error!
    That's a read error typically indicating a defective disc--or your drive is dying.

1. Clean the disc

2. Try using another drive to read the disc

3. Click on the red fox icon in your system tray. Navigate to "video-dvd"-->"settings". Under AI scanner, select "always enabled". Click "ok".If that doesn't work the problem is a defective disc or drive. Remember to click the "default" button in Anydvd (then click "ok") after testing.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 9th December 2009 at 15:52.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    If you think that you've reached a definitive conclusion, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11981 (refer to #2, #17, and #47)

That's a read error typically indicating a defective disc--or your drive is dying.

1. Clean the disc

2. Try using another drive to read the disc

3. Click on the red fox icon in your system tray. Navigate to "video-dvd"-->"settings". Under AI scanner, select "always enabled". Click "ok".If that doesn't work the problem is a defective disc or drive. Remember to click the "default" button in Anydvd (then click "ok") after testing.
    Thanks for your answer. When I say "I doubt" I suppose I mean that I haven't reached a definitive conclusion
    I get the same error with AI scanner always enabled. Unfortunately I haven't got another drive to test, however the drive I am using is just a few months old so I want to assume (hope) that the drive is not dying yet and I will try to get a third copy of the disc... Let's see what happens...

Thanks for your answer. When I say "I doubt" I suppose I mean that I haven't reached a definitive conclusion
    I get the same error with AI scanner always enabled. Unfortunately I haven't got another drive to test, however the drive I am using is just a few months old so I want to assume (hope) that the drive is not dying yet and I will try to get a third copy of the disc... Let's see what happens...
    Get another drive first. A dvd burner doesn't cost much.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Get another drive first. A dvd burner doesn't cost much.
    Mine is a BluRay burner so it costs much! Anyhow I got my third copy of the DVD and it worked this time. I supposed the manifacturing quality of these DVDs is not very high.

Thanks!

Most troubles here usually boil down to a bad DVD.

When a title truely arises that AnyDVD can not handle:
    1) This board lights up like a Christmas Tree.
    2) James says "Ahhh yes - I see the problem!"
    3) A new patch appears soon.

-W

I supposed the manifacturing quality of these DVDs is not very high.

Thanks!
    It's not unusual for these manufacturing issues to crop up. There have been various titles in the past (if I recall correctly, Vantage Point and 21) where several users reported having to do more than one exchange at the store until they got one that didn't give read errors.

Manufacturers and studios try to cut costs and look for any way they can to cut corners, and sometimes, this is the result.

Lightbulb They want Play, not Read

Yes, that is my experience. The record is three trips to the store for a DVD that would READ well enough.

Keep in mind, the studios want the DVD to "play" and are not unhappy when Windows can not "read" it.

I suspect they've trimmed their process that some DVDs in a run are simply not readable for a copy.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!