Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CloneDVD or CloneCD (or CloneBD)

Default CloneDVD or CloneCD (or CloneBD)

Hi! Virtual Clone Drive apparantly does not support .nrg images (Nero CD/DVD images). Since Nero isnt shipping their ImageDrive anymore - at least not for vista or win7 64 bit - I tried CloneCD to make a mountable image of a CD and a DVD ROM to play games without having the disc in on my Vista and Win7 64 bit systems. This worked great so I figured I should buy the thing.

Question is ... What is the difference between CloneCD and CloneDVD ... and for the future should I wait for CloneBD (I do have a Blu-Ray player). I dont want to buy lots of application that basically does the same thing.

Thx

No, Virtual CloneDrive doesn't support .NRG files.

CloneCD and CloneDVD both handle DVD Video discs. CloneCD can be used to copy or create an image of an Audio CD, a game DVD [if the protections used on the game are supported], HD-DVD, or Blu-ray disc. CloneCD cannot burn an HD-DVD or Blu-ray disc. For playing games without needing to insert the game disc Game Jackal is really the better choice than CloneCD. CloneDVD can only handle DVD Video discs. CloneDVD has the ability to remove unwanted video, audio, and sub-titles from a Video DVD when making a backup while CloneCD cannot. CloneDVD allows you to compress the original content from a dual layer original disc so that the backup fits on a single layer disc while CloneCD cannot do this.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Thank you very much! That answered my questions

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
    No, Virtual CloneDrive doesn't support .NRG files.

CloneCD can be used to copy or create an image of an Audio CD, a game DVD [if the protections used on the game are supported], HD-DVD, or Blu-ray disc. CloneCD cannot burn an HD-DVD or Blu-ray disc.
    I think you made a mistake there DrinkLyeAndDie
    It says CloneCD can handle Blu-Ray and HD, then it says it can't.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpcrapinpeace View Post

Look again, he said it can ceate an image but can't burn the disk.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpcrapinpeace View Post
    CloneCD can create an image from an HD-DVD or Blu-ray disc. CloneCD can not burn to HD-DVD or Blu-ray media.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Default My Bad

Ah, My bad. I misunderstood what you said.

Sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
    CloneCD can create an image from an HD-DVD or Blu-ray disc. CloneCD can not burn to HD-DVD or Blu-ray media.
    Yet. It's coming soon.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yet. It's coming soon.
    Wow that is awesome news

Thanks for that James

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yet. It's coming soon.
    Goin World of Warcraft on this one

Soon(tm)

Soon: Copyright 2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
    source