Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to use ANYDVD HD?

Default How to use ANYDVD HD?

I would like to be able to rip the BluRay and HD DVDs to a folder on the hard drive just like I do presently with ANY DVD / CloneDVD2. I use CloneDVD2 to rip the titles to subfolders under My Movies. Then I can play them through the MyMovies Windows Media plugin.

I realize that at this time CloneDVD2 will not rip HD or BluRay DVDs however, AnyDVDHD does. I have ripped the titles of one HDDVD as an experiement using AnyDVDHD to a subfolder under My Movies called King Kong.

My Movies
    King Kong
    ADV_OBJ
    HVDVD_TS (this folder contains a number of .EVO files)

My Movies shows the title but when I try to play it using MyMovies Windows Media Center plug in it says:

NO PLAYER: There were no players detected on your system capable of playing Blu-ray or HD DVD file structures.

I have also tried this using TotalMedia Theatre 3. When I launch TMT3 there is a FOLDER icon on the bottom tray. I assume this is for attempting to play files from the hard drive? When I click on it the options are: D:, E:, Open Disc folder, Open Media file.

If I select OPEN DISC FOLDER and navigate to My Movies and highlight the King Kong folder, the OK button becomes greyed out and does not allow me to select that movie.
    If I select OPEN MEDIA FILE and navigate to My Movies and open the King Kong folder, I can now select any of the files in any of the folders. I assume I want FEATURE_1.EVO. When I do it complains that in the trial verion of TMT3 the Dolby Codec is not available which may affect sound playback in titles with Dolby audio. I then click OK to continue and get a message of UNSUPPORTED FILE TYPE.

Windows Media Center also shows a plug in for ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre. However, when I select this and it launches there is no option to select a folder on my hard drive, only the DVD optical drives installed in the computer (one of which is a BluRay DVD burner).

So, what are the steps that will enable me to play HD and BluRay DVD titles ripped to my hard drive?

Cheers!

Not sure about HD DVD's but Blu-rays should play with TMT3 as you mentioned above using the 'Open Media Folder' method. You can also rip as an iso image and d/l Virtual CloneDrive then mount the iso and select the drive with TMT3, it should play just like a real BD disc in a real BD drive.

Quote Originally Posted by no_dice View Post
    Not sure about HD DVD's but Blu-rays should play with TMT3 as you mentioned above using the 'Open Media Folder' method. You can also rip as an iso image and d/l Virtual CloneDrive then mount the iso and select the drive with TMT3, it should play just like a real BD disc in a real BD drive.
    That should also work for HD DVD as well.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it

So, if the way to do this seems to be by ripping to an .iso image, using Virtual Clone Drive to mount the image... then why does AnyDVD HD rip the HD DVD in the file format it does? What is that used for?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    That should also work for HD DVD as well.
    Are you sure? I didn't think TMT 3 played back HD DVD's.
    AnyDVD HD gives the option of ripping as an image or as folders, so you must have chosen the folder option

Adbear, I have transformer two disc special edition HD DVD. When I insert in LG GGW H20L drive TMT3 Plays the disc with menu and everything. It is different story if arcsoft don't mention on their website.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    AnyDVD HD gives the option of ripping as an image or as folders, so you must have chosen the folder option
    TMT 3 plays HD-DVDs wonderfully.
    Peer
    SlySoft Inc.

Please post software-related questions in the forum. PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    It's one of the many reasons I keep recommending TMT3 over PDVD. It supports HD DVD playback, but, it doesn't bitstream the audio formats for it. Nonetheless, you can have it decode them to LPCM 48/16 which is great. And it'll work from a folder, as well.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

Ok... however, how does one do it when the HD or BluRay DVD files are ripped to folder? Everyone keeps saying it can be done. However, how?

Quote Originally Posted by tonymuffin View Post
    Ok... however, how does one do it when the HD or BluRay DVD files are ripped to folder? Everyone keeps saying it can be done. However, how?
    Um, again, you need TMT2 or 3 to play from a folder. Do you have TMT2 or 3?
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.