Thread: How to split 50 gb to two 25 gb discs

Default How to split 50 gb to two 25 gb discs

Hello I am very new to this so I need some help .what I am trying to do is take a movie that is on a 50 gb disc copy it to hard drive then split it to 2 25 gb discs that are much cheaper than the 50 gb . I have AnydvdHD and imgburn is there anything else I need . any help is appreciated.

AnyDVD HD
    TSMUXER
    Imgburn

TSMUXER can split the source Blu-ray disk (50gb) by disk size, just set the options to split by 25gb disk. Splitting is normally done on the M2TS files, what you will find is two seperate compliant Blu-ray structures one for the first 25gb of the movie and one for the second 25gb of the movie.

Burn each seperate homemade compliant Blu-ray structure (BDMV FOLDER) with Imgburn, and you will have two disks for the movie, with no compression on the disks, and no downsize of picture quality at 1080P. Select only the audio and subtitles you want of the movie and remove the extra's you don't want with TSMUXER, called downsizing.
    Last edited by fast eddie; 20th December 2009 at 14:05.
    Fast Eddie

Or would it us be better to break down and get the 50 gb bd-r 's ?

I would not purchase BD-R (50gb) dual layers.

AnyDVD HD
    BD rebuilder
    Imgburn

With this method you can fit the movie one one BD-R (25gb) single layer, but most like will have to compress the movie to fit on the blank disk.
    Will still keep the video quality up if no more than 10 to 15 percent compression of the disk. And you downsize any part of the movie you don't want.
    Approximately 90% of my Blu-ray back-ups with minor compression are on one disk, and approximately 10% are on two disks with no compression. And even some back-ups are on one disk with no compression.
    Last edited by fast eddie; 20th December 2009 at 19:53.
    Fast Eddie

Hey again you talk about keeping only the audio and subtitles that you want is it obvious which files they are . I am new just trying to figure all this out Thanks again

Also I have looked but maybe not hard enough is there a "guide" to backup movies here?

See my signature for movie only copies.
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.