Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0 Release

Default Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0 Release

hey!

I thought I would just update this forum here, since some people still use the 5.4.3.5 beta and post issues with that version.

Changelog:
    Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0: 2009 12 14
    - New: Added version info to tray icon
    - New: Added option, where VCD can be instructed to unmount an image file
    when the virtual tray is opened (e.g., eject from Windows explorer).
    - Change: Default file associations
    - Fix: Optical drives could disappear after uninstall
    - Updated languages
    - Some minor changes and improvements

Download: http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Best Regards,
    BurnerHEAD
    Last edited by BurnerHEAD; 28th December 2009 at 17:40.
    OPTIARC BD ROM BC-5500S (Notebook); Pioneer BDR-206D and Pioneer DVR-S18L (PC); Panasonic Bluray Recorder DMR-BS785, WDTV Live Hub and MyBook Live 3TB (TV)
    German ClownBD Thread

DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Exclamation Blue Screen on Windows 7 Ultimate after driver install

I have a Laptop AIRIS Praxis N1101 with Windows 7 Ultiimate in spanish, I tried to install Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0, but when the instalation installed the driver for the Virtual Drive I've got a BLUE SCREEN!!!! And then it kept rebooting trying to boot (in all different methods (Safe mode, last good know good configuration, etc... but with no results ).

After some tests .... finally I tried to boot pressing F8, and then choosing the first option... I don't know what it say in English but it's something like "FIX AUTOMATICALLY".... then I get a screen where I choosed Command prompt... there I renamed C:\windows\system32\drivers\vclone.sys as vclone.old.... so this way I clould start Windows normally and then uninstall Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0...

It is weird, because I have installed the same version of Virtual CloneDrive on my Desktop with the same OS....

So I hope there is a new release soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by hackerock View Post
    I have a Laptop AIRIS Praxis N1101 with Windows 7 Ultiimate in spanish, I tried to install Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0, but when the instalation installed the driver for the Virtual Drive I've got a BLUE SCREEN!!!! And then it kept rebooting trying to boot (in all different methods (Safe mode, last good know good configuration, etc... but with no results ).

After some tests .... finally I tried to boot pressing F8, and then choosing the first option... I don't know what it say in English but it's something like "FIX AUTOMATICALLY".... then I get a screen where I choosed Command prompt... there I renamed C:\windows\system32\drivers\vclone.sys as vclone.old.... so this way I clould start Windows normally and then uninstall Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0...

It is weird, because I have installed the same version of Virtual CloneDrive on my Desktop with the same OS....

So I hope there is a new release soon.....
    Please post debugging log and dump/crash information that windows created.

For reference you could post a AnyDVD logfile with your system informations and your other drivers loaded, that might cause conflicts.

Best Regards,
    BurnerHEAD
    OPTIARC BD ROM BC-5500S (Notebook); Pioneer BDR-206D and Pioneer DVR-S18L (PC); Panasonic Bluray Recorder DMR-BS785, WDTV Live Hub and MyBook Live 3TB (TV)
    German ClownBD Thread

I have been using Virtual CloneDrive since Version 5.0.1.3 and today is the First Time I got a Blue Screen . Vist 32 sp2.
    Working Now.. Maybe the problem was my Kids Playing around With Game Jackal pro that i installed this morning ..?
    di

Default Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.4.0 Release

Virtual Clone Drive works and behaves just like a physical CD/DVD drive, however it exists only virtually. Image files generated with CloneDVD or CloneCD can be mounted onto a virtual drive from your hard-disk or from a network drive and used in the same manner as inserting them into a normal CD/DVD drive.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.4.0 Release

Default Still have Error: Can't Open VCD

I have installed the latest version on 64 bit Win7Pro, and I am getting the std problematic error "can't open VCD!" I have restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times, but to no avail. What is really weird is that I installed on another computer of mine, running 64 bit Win7Ult, and it worked first time.

Any ideas what is conflicting with the program? I would really love to see this work.

Default I loose win 7 "BURN DISK IMAGE"

hi
    if I install "virtual clone driver", I loose win 7 "BURN DISK IMAGE" .

any way to solve that pls

juan abba

You just right click on the image and chose 'open with' and the 'Windows disc image burner' option is in there

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    You just right click on the image and chose 'open with' and the 'Windows disc image burner' option is in there
    Adbear
    perfect answer

thanks a lot

juan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast