Thread: Forced caption

Default Forced caption

Noticed in the latest update to CloneDVD that an option of 'Forced Caption' is present. Anyone know what that does? Should it be checked or unchecked?

Thanks. in advance

Quote Originally Posted by chaneyd View Post
    Noticed in the latest update to CloneDVD that an option of 'Forced Caption' is present.
    Where?
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

It was during copying the movie '12 Rounds'. It appeared as a checkbox below the choice for subtitles on the right panel. It has not appeared since on other movies, just that one. The box was checked to force subtitles. Didn't know what to do so I left it alone.

I've seen this before. It has nothing to do with an "update" of the software, yet it is something related to a specific movie. It is recommended to leave all the subtitles selected as they take so little space that the movie quality won't improve if you leave them out.
    Last edited by killjoy1; 29th December 2009 at 15:37. Reason: typo error

Quote Originally Posted by chaneyd View Post
    It was during copying the movie '12 Rounds'. It appeared as a checkbox below the choice for subtitles on the right panel. It has not appeared since on other movies, just that one. The box was checked to force subtitles. Didn't know what to do so I left it alone.
    This is an attribute of one of the subtitle streams. CloneDVD reports them, e.g. "Director's Comment" or in this case "forced".

You haven't seen it because your other discs don't seem have forced subtitles.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

OK, thanks.

Forced subtitles display even if you don't have any subtitles on. So if you are watching a movie that is almost all in english but at one point someone says something in a different language it will show that as a subtitle. That way you do not have to have the subtitle on all the time showing you every word of all dialog.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.