Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CloneDVD2 "hangs" on 64-bit Windows 7

Default CloneDVD2 "hangs" on 64-bit Windows 7

My system is a dual-processor Dell Precision 7400 workstation running 64-bit Windows 7. I installed AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 without incident, and they appear to be registered since they both display registration numbers and my name. When I run AnyDVD alone, it appears to run ok, and if I have a protected DVD in the reader drive Windows Explorer is able to look at the DVD's folders.

However, when I insert a protected DVD in the reader drive, start CloneDVD2 (while AnyDVD is running), and attempt the operation "Copy DVD Titles", CloneDVD2 allows me to select the drive and video folder that I want to copy. At this point CloneDVD2 locks-up and Task Manager reports that CloneDVD2 is "not responding" and the CloneDVD2 process can not be terminated from Task Manager. If I then select shutdown or restart Windows 7, the screen displays a shut down message and hangs at that point. After waiting many minutes with nothing happening I have no alternative to pressing (and holding!) the computer power switch.

I have not yet tried an uninstall and reinstall of either AnyDVD or CloneDVD2. Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully received.

Default Problem solved

I believe I have solved my problem. I uninstalled and then installed CloneDVD2, and it seems to be working ok. I don't know what the problem was, although I had recently installed and run jv16 2009 to "clean" my registry and maybe it cleaned it too thoroughly!

I'm glad you solved your problem.
    You might have gotten more replys if you'd posted this in the CloneDVD forum.

-W

Sometime those Reg Cleaners do more harm than good.
    Click on this link to join the forum: SlySoft Forum Registration
    By registering to our forum, you accepted our rules and policies, so please respect these rules and policies;
    Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." 1981 Bill Gates

the only "cleaner" software i use & trust is ccleaner from piriform. In those year's i've used it, never had 1 problem with it

I rarely use registry cleaners but when i do, I use CCleaner like Ch3vr0n said, i have had a lot of problems with other cleaners.

@Ch3vr0n: Congratulations on your 100th post and senior member status.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Thank you all for your responses. I will investigate CCleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by w3tno View Post
    Thank you all for your responses. I will investigate CCleaner.
    Using any kind of "cleaner" with our software is not only unnecessary but will lead to unpredictable results, e.g. the tracking of shared components will be lost.

You don't need, it you shouldn't use it.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpcrapinpeace View Post
    I rarely use registry cleaners but when i do, I use CCleaner like Ch3vr0n said, i have had a lot of problems with other cleaners.

@Ch3vr0n: Congratulations on your 100th post and senior member status.
    Lol thanx pimp. Never kept track of my postcount. Over 100posts in barely 4 months. Just tryin to do my tiny bit of help wherever i can. I know its a cliché but i just like to help people, ask my mom ^^ & friends. Though some of you fellas outhere are even more technical savvy then me

@James: I use it mostly so cleanup temp files & stuff ya know. Not anydvd stuff ^^ and as an easy and good solution to clean up emty registry entries

CCleaner never hurt any SlySoft software on any of my systems. It did kill iTunes ability to write to optical disk once. That was no loss though as I don't use it anyway.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.