Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Reclock timestretch.dll

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1

    Question Reclock timestretch.dll

    I use the time shifting functionality of ReClock and find it very useful. I found the following site where you can download an 'optimised' version of the timestretch.dll that supposedly improves sound quality specifically for use with ReClock and 5.1 channel movie audio:-

    http://touristinparadise.blogspot.co...ifter-for.html

    I was wondering whether this different timestretch.dll would still offer 'improved' sound quality if used with the latest revision of ReClock or whether the various improvements to ReClock since that alternative .dll was created now made it obsolete?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matthammy View Post
    I use the time shifting functionality of ReClock and find it very useful. I found the following site where you can download an 'optimised' version of the timestretch.dll that supposedly improves sound quality specifically for use with ReClock and 5.1 channel movie audio:-

    http://touristinparadise.blogspot.co...ifter-for.html

    I was wondering whether this different timestretch.dll would still offer 'improved' sound quality if used with the latest revision of ReClock or whether the various improvements to ReClock since that alternative .dll was created now made it obsolete?
    Check ReClock's changelog.

    1.8.6.0 - 12/01/2010
    [...]
    * New: Timestretch sound quality improved in 5.1 and 7.1 speaker setups, thanks to Rodney Clinton Chua!
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16

    Smile

    Hi,

    James,

    Do you still have the change about :
    * New: Timestretch sound quality improved in 5.1 and 7.1 speaker setups, thanks to Rodney Clinton Chua!

    It seems that this change are now in soundtouch source code ?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I am sorry to say that neither this dll nor the older reclock version of timestretch is working in my system (asus M3N78-EM with realtek soundcard).
    In certain files (not all, which is strange) the sound is totally destroyed when timestretch is apllied, the stereo effect is totally screwd, the channels all mixed. So I have to put up with the elevated pitch from 23.97--->25...

    Annything I can do to use timestretch in my non 24p TV set (50Hz) with 7.1 analogue sound setup?
    Or perhaps any idea why this dll have no effect whatsoever in my system?
    Last edited by qspock; 5th May 2012 at 14:32.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiii View Post
    Hi,

    James,

    Do you still have the change about :
    * New: Timestretch sound quality improved in 5.1 and 7.1 speaker setups, thanks to Rodney Clinton Chua!

    It seems that this change are now in soundtouch source code ?

    Thanks.
    Sorry, can you rephrase? Which change is now in what source code? ReClock's open source code?
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16

    Smile

    Sorry for my english,

    I try to see the diff that Rodney Clinton Chua does on open source SoundTouch code. (Because on his blog, there is no more available patch).

    I try to compare Reclock open source code from http://oss.slysoft.com/ReClock/ and SoundTouch one and i didn't find the diff.

    This is why i assume that soundTouch include the change from Rodney Clinton Chua.

    So can you post the diff that you include in 1.8.6.0 - 12/01/2010 ?
    Thanks a lot.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiii View Post
    Sorry for my english,

    I try to see the diff that Rodney Clinton Chua does on open source SoundTouch code. (Because on his blog, there is no more available patch).

    I try to compare Reclock open source code from http://oss.slysoft.com/ReClock/ and SoundTouch one and i didn't find the diff.

    This is why i assume that soundTouch include the change from Rodney Clinton Chua.

    So can you post the diff that you include in 1.8.6.0 - 12/01/2010 ?
    Thanks a lot.
    No, but you can diff yourself using the ReClock 1.8.5.8 source.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Thanks

    I see the diff in TimestretchPlugin.cpp/.h :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •