Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aggressive I/O Mode in AnyDVD

Post Aggressive I/O Mode in AnyDVD

Could someone tell me what aggressive i/o mode does in AnyDVD and when to use it. Its the only function I have not been able to figure out...Thanks

Let me try to answer this in very simple words (and let peer or james punish me if I do not use the correct technical terms): the "aggressive I/O mode" has been the default mode in AnyDVD before we released Update 6.6.2.3.

Since then, the former "safe mode" is now the default mode, so, if you so want, AnyDVD is now set up with a muzzle by default, to avoid unwanted conflicts and issues.

While CloneDVD and many other products are perfectly compatible with the softer default mode, there might be some third party tools that still require the aggressive I/O mode and if such a product is detected, AnyDVD will issue a warning to turn on the aggressive I/O mode in the program settings.
    Jill Anderson
    SlySoft Support
    SlySoft Inc.

Don't send me any messages unless they are really private. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by neur View Post
    Could someone tell me what aggressive i/o mode does in AnyDVD and when to use it. Its the only function I have not been able to figure out...Thanks
    You could use the "right mouse button" help on the aggressive I/O mode checkbox.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

That really explains it...Thanks very much for clarifying this for me....

where is the "aggressive I/O mode" checkbox? I can't seem to pull up any menus with SlySoft
    Last edited by jroot; 5th March 2010 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by jroot View Post
    where is the "aggressive I/O mode" checkbox? I can't seem to pull up any menus with SlySoft
    open anydvd on the left side "program settings"

Thumbs up

"James" is right and a genius for the simple program function of the little Question mark in the upper right hand corner of the AnyDVD menu (left click once & carry it to any setting on the menu & left drop click to setting or right click in the setting or checkbox or area) and it will explain a good detail of every setting box in the menu. Even other areas that aren't a check box Like the "CSS Key Archive" where the keys are stored for each movie title. AnyDVD isn't just the best program there is for nothing, it is self contained technical reference manual, user guide, quick start manual...everything. If you can't find by the self contained help then you probably need help and read the forums before to see if the question was intelligently answered. It saves forum readers a lot of reading time. I hope I don't sound rude. I just learned about right clicking for the self contained help myself. Oh & "Aggressive Mode" ....If it ain't broke, don't fix it. They already fixed it in the AnyDVD History section by a setting warning you it may need the "Aggressive Mode" & to report any software that has conflicts with the mode. Good luck!
    Last edited by djage; 7th March 2010 at 10:36. Reason: Spelling
    4 Years and counting with great forum advice and trial & error...2 problems only. Now I can give back.

I too couldn't understand 'aggressive mode' until my trusty AnyDVD no longer worked. I tried everything including different drives, reinstalling, etc but to no avail. AnyDVD kept scanning for a disk forever. I think I must have installed a program that prevented it working but which one? I was resigning myself to not being able to use it again when I decided to try 'aggressive mode' and AnyDVD burst into life again.

Quote Originally Posted by djage View Post
    "James" is right and a genius for the simple program function of the little Question mark in the upper right hand corner of the AnyDVD menu (left click once & carry it to any setting on the menu & left drop click to setting or right click in the setting or checkbox or area) and it will explain a good detail of every setting box in the menu.
    As the dialog box after every AnyDVD update will tell you: A simple right mouse button click will do, too. (And it might even work better with some of the controls).
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I too couldn't understand 'aggressive mode' until my trusty AnyDVD no longer worked. I tried everything including different drives, reinstalling, etc but to no avail. AnyDVD kept scanning for a disk forever. I think I must have installed a program that prevented it working but which one? I was resigning myself to not being able to use it again when I decided to try 'aggressive mode' and AnyDVD burst into life again.
    Highly unlikely that changing this setting has anything to do with this problem (long scan). I'm sure it is only a coincidence. Change it back, I'm sure it will still work.