Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Only Copy Including Menus

Default Movie Only Copy Including Menus

v0.41 exe only
    v0.41 ZIP full package

Here's the dilemour: You've got a film that you want to backup onto a BD-R. The total disk is say 30gb and you know you can shave off some extras, but which ones?

I had this problem this week. I wanted to copy '"Where The Wild Things Are" for the kids. The ISO is 29.4gb and the movie only with Clown_BD is about 15gb. Seems a shame to loose the menus and have so much free space left on the BD-R. The only solution I could find was BDInfo / BDEdit to find the menus and simply a bit of trial and error. Not really a good solution.

I've knocked up a little app called Clown_BD BD Copier for fun (or a version with Mplayer & tsMuxeR too for previews). It's fairly rough just now, no language settings, no context help or configuration so far. Basically you need AnyDVD to decrypt and ImgBurn installed to create your ISO (thanks to LightningUK for the support in creating the IBB file).

So open your BD location:

and let the application do the rest. It'll automatically select:

. all menus (they're in BOLD & at the top) so you don't accidentally delselect them
    . All streams over 60 mins (ie probably the main feature)

Exceptions: If the size of the stream exceeds 23.8gb then it will not be automatically selected, or if the cumulated size exceeds 23.8gb.

Now press the ImgBurn button which starts ImgBurn. Now you can save your ISO to wherever you need it. Mount the ISO with Virtual Clone Drive and test-drive with PowerDVD. If it works OK, then you can burn it. My PS3 doesn't care if you play extras and the file is not there. It just skips it. Perhaps other machines will bork. Who knows.

Here's another example from Wikie

If you select too much then you'll see the bar is red:

I can't think of anything more to add, but please let me know if you have any questions (or bug reports )

Update

Of course there is no transcoding, remuxing demuxing. It's a 1:1 copy less the 'extras'
    Last edited by mike_r; 1st June 2013 at 02:53. Reason: 41st version
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Thats awesome man. This will help out on many occasions I'm sure. Thank you for the chance to use it! Will let you know about any bugs or the like.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

There aren't any bugs, just untested scenarios

It does work, but I've not tested for example what happens when ImgBurn is not installed or the .IBB file is not associated with anything. That's not my problem if someone tries to break the software then they probably can do it.

Obviously movies where the main feature alone is over 23.8gb then this utility is useless.

There are a few features that could be usefull:

For example I noticed last night with Slumdog Millionaire (German version). The main movie is 2x on the disk, for some reason there are about 6 playlists for each of the main movies. Unselecting 1 of the playlists could give you a hint that that .m2ts is also in XYZ also.

Another is some playlists containt the same (say 60x in mpls, 2 minute long, 1gb in size) .m2ts. BDInfo shows this as like 2:00 hours long and 60gb in size. My program will also show 2:00 hours but only 1gb. I think it's best if I also correct the time too to 2 mins.

Somehow auto selecting by user options. Maybe few a sliders with select all under X seconds and over y seconds, similarly under x byte and over y bytes. Maybe based on language too? Select only tracks with an "eng" stream.

Possible a preview of the video. This would have to rely on an external video renderer like mplayer.
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Code:
    v0.02b (2010-05-09)
    . Improve I/O on building IBB file
    . Improved total time calculate.
      eg Where an MPLS has multiple times the same M2TS:
      Where The Wild Things Are
      00120.mpls has 99x 00000.M2TS @ 169,371,648 bytes duration 00:05:52.
      Before change showed this as 16,767,793,152 bytes duration 04:45:05.
    . Fixed small display bug on menu only playlists
    . Added tooltips for treeview
    . Highlight likely main movie candidate
    . Imporoved selecting less than 23.8gb
    . Now has an INI file so the users can configure auto select for MAX & MIN
      stream sizes based in seconds (eg 3600 = 1hour)

v0.01b (2010-05-08)
    . Initial Version
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike_r View Post
    Another is some playlists containt the same (say 60x in mpls, 2 minute long, 1gb in size) .m2ts. BDInfo shows this as like 2:00 hours long and 60gb in size. My program will also show 2:00 hours but only 1gb. I think it's best if I also correct the time too to 2 mins.
    This is a real example. Horton Hears a Who (German Version). 00105.MPLS show as 02:36:47 @ 22,789,576,704 as it's got 00147.m2ts many times in the clip.

BDInfo

Clown_BD BD Copier

Mike

Code:
    v0.03b (2010-05-10)
    . Incorportated Preview Funtion.
      Make Sure MPlayer location is correctly specified in .INI file
      Right Click On Tree View Item To Get a Preview Of the .M2TS
    Mike

West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics!

Cool

Mike,

This looks interesting. Thanks for posting it.

I did try ClownBD some months ago a couple times and left it because it didn't allow you to maintain Menus.

I keep thinking the Brain Trust @ SlySoft (or Olie) will release a commercial version (CloneBD anyone?) that will do this in a simple format like their other packages. I see DVDFab is getting closer with every release but I prefer a Slysoft package.

I really want to back up a dozen or so titles so I can take 'em to the Cabin this summer, and let the kids play them there and not worry if they get damaged. All they want is AC3, subtitles, & Menus along with the main movie (On a BD-R25).

I'll check out your package and see if I can learn enough to make it work. Thanks again for working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Jim- View Post
    I'll check out your package and see if I can learn enough to make it work.
    Boy, did that come out wrong

Okay, i really need to get something to eat now.

West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PrincipalityFusion View Post
    Boy, did that come out wrong

Okay, i really need to get something to eat now.
    I didn't think it came out wrong at all.

As these tools (ClownBD, and Clown BD=>BD Copier) are not the most intuitive pieces of software out there (note my preference for SlySoft has a lot to do with ease of operation) my skill set probably requires some more reading and practice to make mike_r's package work for me.

I did not intend to slag the software but rather appreciated his efforts. Just because I'm ignorant doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Code:
    v0.04b (2010-05-13)
    . Improved selecting (incl seamless branching titles)
    . Changed references in seconds to minutes.
    . Loose less than seconds as option due to improved selection.
    . Sorted TreeView based on length of clip (descending), rather than filename.
    . Sort clipinfo based on PID.
    . Added number of chapters to tree view.
    . Don't display menu items separately that also appeared in a playlist.
    . Added checkbox preview to treeview. Remember you need to install Mplayer.
    . Now writes a blank MPLS, CLPI & M2TS for items not selected.

Special Note.

After manually selecting items, you should also press "Auto Select".
    This will automatically select playlists that also contain the manually
    selected streams.
    The code is stable and safe for all to try.

Next todo : Embed Mplayer window into GUI for automatic previews like CloneDVD.
    Mike

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast