Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CloneDVD for Blu-ray Discs

Default CloneDVD for Blu-ray Discs

when will they make clonedvd2 for bluray

Quote Originally Posted by butlerboy View Post
    when will they make clonedvd2 for bluray
    The best answer you will get on this forum is 'February' -- seriously, no one really knows right now and SlyFox has not given any estimates yet either

Question CloneDVD2 Upgrade????

I purchased AnyDVD, CloneDVD2 and CloneCD approximately four years ago. I just recently upgraded to Blu-Ray. I assumed (and that's my fault) that my version of AnyDVD included HD (Blu-Ray) capability (given that all updates were listed as AnyDVD HD). Finding my assumption was wrong, I opted to upgrade to AnyDVD HD. I paid my money, for the lifetime subscription, and was sent my new key.

After going through this process, I discover that CloneDVD2 is not compatible with Blu-Ray (again my fault for assuming)! I now have the capability to decode Blu-Ray but have no way to re-author the files. Most full Blu-Ray titles are in excess of 25GB. The 25GB disc are expensive enough, much less purchasing 50GBs. I would be more than happy to pay a reasonable price for an upgrade to CloneDVD2 if it were Blu-Ray compatable.

If CloneDVD2 will not be compatible with Blu-Ray could some please recommend a re-authoring software in its place.

It is not my intent to infuriate Slysoft requesting information of a product not available through them. However, I in good faith purchased an upgrade to a product I cannot now logically use.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefO View Post
    I purchased AnyDVD, CloneDVD2 and CloneCD approximately four years ago. I just recently upgraded to Blu-Ray. I assumed (and that's my fault) that my version of AnyDVD included HD (Blu-Ray) capability (given that all updates were listed as AnyDVD HD). Finding my assumption was wrong, I opted to upgrade to AnyDVD HD. I paid my money, for the lifetime subscription, and was sent my new key.

After going through this process, I discover that CloneDVD2 is not compatible with Blu-Ray (again my fault for assuming)! I now have the capability to decode Blu-Ray but have no way to re-author the files. Most full Blu-Ray titles are in excess of 25GB. The 25GB disc are expensive enough, much less purchasing 50GBs. I would be more than happy to pay a reasonable price for an upgrade to CloneDVD2 if it were Blu-Ray compatable.

If CloneDVD2 will not be compatible with Blu-Ray could some please recommend a re-authoring software in its place.

It is not my intent to infuriate Slysoft requesting information of a product not available through them. However, I in good faith purchased an upgrade to a product I cannot now logically use.
    While you are waiting you can use ClownBD or BDRebuilder to back-up Blurays. Both are free.
    - AnyDVD HD, CloneCD, CloneDVD, CloneDVDmobile, Game Jackal
    - Plextor PX760A
    - Taiyo Yuden Premium 8x -R, Verbatim 6x +R DL

i recommend this program as i use it myself with great results til slysoft comes out with something of there own

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefO View Post
    After going through this process, I discover that CloneDVD2 is not compatible with Blu-Ray (again my fault for assuming)! I now have the capability to decode Blu-Ray but have no way to re-author the files. Most full Blu-Ray titles are in excess of 25GB. The 25GB disc are expensive enough, much less purchasing 50GBs. I would be more than happy to pay a reasonable price for an upgrade to CloneDVD2 if it were Blu-Ray compatable.]
    As some said there are presently other alternatives until a SlySoft product is released.

Start doing a bit of reading in the High Definition Software subforum beginning with the Sticky threads at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera4142Male View Post
    i recommend this program as i use it myself with great results til slysoft comes out with something of there own

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4
    Why pay for that when Clown BD and BD rebuilder are free and are specifically targeted towards Blu-ray?
    Also Tmpeg appears to re encode everything to mpeg 2 which means you'll end up with a lower quality film when shrinking down to fit on to a SL BD-R
    Last edited by Adbear; 5th June 2010 at 01:51.

@ butlerboy

by definition

CloneDVD is for standard definition disks
    CloneBD is for high definition disks Blu-ray format

@ Adbear

TMPGEnc makes great products free or payware, MPEG2 or not output, they have some of the best software products world wide. Authoring works 4 is no exception.
    Fast Eddie

ChiefO -

If your definition of Blu-ray backup is an image file on the hard drive, you have the tools to create that with AnyDVD HD and Virtual CloneDrive (freeware). WinDVD Pro 2010 will play a Blu-ray movie from such an image file if it's mounted upon a virtual drive.

1) Rip an image (.iso) file to the HDD with AnyDVD HD, preserving the checkmark in front of keep protection.

2) Download and install Virtual CloneDrive from SlySoft. Reassign the drive letter to 'V' for simplicity.

3) Right click the 'V' drive in explorer and select mount.

4) Browse to the .iso file and select it.

5) Launch AnyDVD HD, then open Settings > Drives > Selection and place a checkmark in front of Elby CloneDrive.

6) Play your movie!

nepenthe
    Last edited by nepenthe; 5th June 2010 at 11:32.

Tmpeg is outdated these days, how does that make it the best? If it doesn't give the option to make your discs in h264 then what's the point? I used to use Tmpeg for SD work until I realised that all the encodes come out soft at which point I stopped using it and switched to better encoders. Authoring works is ok, but I think you exaggerate when you say they have some of the best software in the world.