Thread: software to create ifo/bup files?

Default software to create ifo/bup files?

Hello, I am trying to burn 10 VOB files to play on standalone DVD player (I converted mp4 files to DVD files). I heard I need to create ifo/bup files first.
    Do you know a good software to create ifo/bup files?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by joel2007 View Post
    Hello, I am trying to burn 10 VOB files to play on standalone DVD player (I converted mp4 files to DVD files). I heard I need to create ifo/bup files first.
    Do you know a good software to create ifo/bup files?
    Thank you.
    You should've just stuck the original mp4 files into ConvertXtoDVD and that will make a compliant DVD structure for you. And if they're just VOB files, then its not a DVD because they aren't in the right structure yet. VOB is just another container for the video and audio streams. You can try sticking the VOBs into ConvertXtoDVD and see if that creates the structure for you. I'm not sure if it supports that format but its worth a try. Good luck.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

sticking vobs in convert won't automatically create a dvd structure. VOB containers ARE supported though and will behave like any other video container. Act as it was a simple video file like avi, and will get recoded into a valid DVD structure
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

There most likely is a simpler way to do this, but here's what i would do:

1)Import the 10 vobs into MultiAVCHD. This will create 10 separate DVD structures.

2) Now take the 10 full dvd structures and import them into DVD Shrink. This will create 1 combined dvd structure from the 10.

Like i said, i'm sure there is a more simple method of accomplishing this, but starting from the naked vobs, this should work for you.

Are you saying that I can use ConvertXtoDVD to convert 10 mp4 files to DVD file structure? Then I can burn it to DVD-R to play it on standalone DVD player?

Check out IFOEDIT and VOBEDIT

If you have the m2v video, mp2 audio, and the extras subtitles and chapters if you want to use them, you can author it with IFOEDIT and create an VIDEO_TS folder ready for burning. And, the audio will be in sync with IFOEDIT.
    Last edited by fast eddie; 12th June 2010 at 08:15.
    Fast Eddie

The IFOEDIT and VOBEDIT last update was year 2002. I'm not sure if it plays nice with Windows 7?

Quote Originally Posted by joel2007 View Post
    Are you saying that I can use ConvertXtoDVD to convert 10 mp4 files to DVD file structure? Then I can burn it to DVD-R to play it on standalone DVD player?
    Thats exactly what im saying. Convert will even allow you to add and customise a menu from the standard templates. After the conversion you have 3 choises.

Let it convert into a folder (wich will hold the newly converted vob,bup and ifo files) wich you can then burn to disc with software like CloneDVD or nero
    Burn to iso, you can then use software like Virtual Clone Drive to either mount the disc or use IMGBurn to burn the iso to disc
    or option nr 3, burn it to a blank disc directly.

I myself usually use option 1 or 2, as i like my burnt discs to have the booktype set to dvd-rom for my dvd+r's and Convert doesnt do this(its a minor issue). The booktype setting is just for increased compatibility with older standalone players.
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

Does ConvertXtoDVD have option to adjust video and audio to high setting?
    I use Xilisoft HD Video Converter to convert mp4 files to VOB files. It has the option to adjust video and audio to high.
    Example:
    A mp4 has 75MB can be convert to a 100MB VOB file using video and audio set in high.
    Last edited by joel2007; 12th June 2010 at 19:31.