Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incredible!!!

Angry What can you expect?

And beating up on support for this is also VERY unfair.

I am working your ticket and got the same text you entered here.

That was why I wanted the log from you next if the OK! turned to trial on the reboot.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Peer View Post
    The reason for your trouble is quite simple.
    You had installed a cracked version of AnyDVD previously, which becomes evident through the existence of the file

...I know this is embarrassing, but that's what you get
    Let's see gabrielefx wriggle out of this one
    Very embarrassing indeed!!
    It's not copying... it's backing up
    Download AnyDVD HD - Get The Latest Stable Version HERE

I don't know who is right or wrong between me and you.

I can investigate is someone of my family installed previous version of AnyDVD in my system.

By the way...

AnyDiscHelp.dll (C:\Windows\system32\AnyDiscHelp.dll) is the string that creates your software but i dind't find no anydischelp.dll in my system32 directory.

I checked with regedit too...no anydischelp.dll found

I started in safe mode, opened cmd.exe executed a dir any*.* /s command but on my system there is no presence of the file you said

probably another service interfers with AnyDVD

I don't know what to do. I'm not frustrated by a software that I don't use profesionally, I would like to use it to copy my bluray movies into my iPad.

That's all.

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielefx View Post

I can investigate is someone of my family installed previous version of AnyDVD in my system.

By the way...

AnyDiscHelp.dll (C:\Windows\system32\AnyDiscHelp.dll) is the string that creates your software but i dind't find no anydischelp.dll in my system32 directory.

I started in safe mode, opened cmd.exe executed a dir any*.* /s command but on my system there is no presence of the file you said

I don't know what to do. I'm not frustrated by a software that I don't use profesionally, I would like to use it to copy my bluray movies into my iPad.

That's all.

Best regards.
    Maybe the file is "hidden". Crackers love that.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielefx View Post

By the way...

That's all.

Best regards.
    Not having installed that crack myself, I can only guess, but my bet is, the file is hidden, so if you search for it using DIR:

DIR /AH /S Any*.dll

About not finding it in the registry: sorry, I'm having a hard time believing you. The log file doesn't lie and you probably saw the entry yourself.

You should find it at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\windows\AppInit_DLLs

or:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows NT\CurrentVersion\windows\AppInit_DLLs
    Peer
    SlySoft Inc.

Please post software-related questions in the forum. PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

Updated:

I wrote this string in regedit AnyDiscHelp.dll and not anydischelp.dll like i did in the first attempt

I found the string, rebooted, authorized, crossed the fingers, checked again your log record...there was not anymore AnyDiscHelp.dll

I said...incredible but true...to give an end word to this story.

I want to thank your support and I want to excuse me to have generated so much discussions about my installation through the forum and through the emails

I think to be an honest person that's why I buy the softwares.

If you want you can close this discussion

Many thanks again.

Gabriele
    Last edited by gabrielefx; 24th June 2010 at 11:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Peer View Post
    The reason for your trouble is quite simple.
    You had installed a cracked version of AnyDVD previously
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    And beating up on support for this is also VERY unfair.
    Yep.

And you do have to love the "my family/neighbor/script kiddie that lives down the block" excuse.

Which may be even true in gabrielefx's case. Who knows.

But it's the standard line that seems to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by RefCache View Post
    Yep.

And you do have to love the "my family/neighbor/script kiddie that lives down the block" excuse.

Which may be even true in gabrielefx's case. Who knows.

But it's the standard line that seems to be used.
    It looks like Support gets these complaints about AnyDVD 'not working' a lot, don't they???

Especially when it turns out not to be Slysoft's fault, but the people trying to use the software illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
    It looks like Support gets these complaints about AnyDVD 'not working' a lot, don't they???

Especially when it turns out not to be Slysoft's fault, but the people trying to use the software illegally.
    That was the implication, yes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12