Page 1 of 220 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Default Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Hey guys, not sure if anyone is aware of this but Cinavia DRM protection will allow the BD to be backed up, however; it will mute the audio after about 20 minutes of playback. It's actually kind of freaky, for sure The Losers is protected and I think (not sure) Repo Men. Good luck.
    Asus Rampage V Extreme|Intel i7 5960x|G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 3000|SAMSUNG 850 Pro|Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB|EVGA GTX 780 SLI|LG BH08LS20|Sony BWU 300S|Pioneer DVR-215L|Logitech G9|Dell 3008WFP|Corsair Obsidian 750D|Corsair AX1200

Dell M6600|i7-2960XM|8GB PC1600|Vertex 4 240GB|Crucial M4 512GB|Quadro 3000M|RGBLED|Intel 6300|Windows 7 64bit

How do you know those 2 are protected by this?

A friend of mine made a backup of The Losers, played it via PS3, and after 20 minutes the audio was muted. A message was displayed stating content is protected with Cinavia. Just thought I would give the SlySoft team a heads up.
    Asus Rampage V Extreme|Intel i7 5960x|G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 3000|SAMSUNG 850 Pro|Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB|EVGA GTX 780 SLI|LG BH08LS20|Sony BWU 300S|Pioneer DVR-215L|Logitech G9|Dell 3008WFP|Corsair Obsidian 750D|Corsair AX1200

Dell M6600|i7-2960XM|8GB PC1600|Vertex 4 240GB|Crucial M4 512GB|Quadro 3000M|RGBLED|Intel 6300|Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by skypx View Post
    A friend of mine made a backup of The Losers, played it via PS3, and after 20 minutes the audio was muted. A message was displayed stating content is protected with Cinavia. Just thought I would give the SlySoft team a heads up.
    That is known and not so much of a problem.
    I'm quite confident that before this type of protection spreads widely, our SlyPlayer is ready and that will play that kind of content.
    Or any other player that doesn't have to follow the blu-ray rules - after all, it requires the player identify the protection and actively mute the sound, it's not implicit.
    Peer
    SlySoft Inc.

Please post software-related questions in the forum. PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

Cool! Thanks Peer.

Default Can this protection be present on domestic BD disks?

I understood this was an audio watermark which was included for example on cinema media, to prevent cinema camcorder or other copying / playback of 'professional' media on compliant domestic devices.

I can't see how any BD intended for domestic use could contain this, nor can I see how a copy could have this watermark unless the original did too.

Does the OP have access to some 'professional-only' BD release which is not available to the public? Do such 'professional-only' BDs exist?

--
    SC

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Peer View Post
    That is known and not so much of a problem.
    I'm quite confident that before this type of protection spreads widely, our SlyPlayer is ready and that will play that kind of content.
    Or any other player that doesn't have to follow the blu-ray rules - after all, it requires the player identify the protection and actively mute the sound, it's not implicit.
    Does this mean that the only way to watch such a disc is with SlyPlayer or with some specific models of hardware players? In other words, from what you are saying, it makes it sound like certain hardware players will not be able to play a disc backed up by AnyDVD when it is protected by Cinavia. (???)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I understood this was an audio watermark which was included for example on cinema media, to prevent cinema camcorder or other copying / playback of 'professional' media on compliant domestic devices.

I can't see how any BD intended for domestic use could contain this, nor can I see how a copy could have this watermark unless the original did too.

Does the OP have access to some 'professional-only' BD release which is not available to the public? Do such 'professional-only' BDs exist?

--
    SC
    That's how Cinavia describes its technology on its website. To block copies without blocking originals, the Cinavia code would have to be inserted during the copying process; I don't see how that's possible.

Unless it's somehow tied to the BD-ROM Mark (the uncopyable signature on every pressed BD), there's no way this technology could be used on pressed BDs for the consumer market. And if it were tied to the BD-ROM Mark, we'd know instantly as any ORIGINAL with such protection couldn't be played back on any PC with AnyDVD HD active, since AnyDVD HD presents the disc to Windows as a BD-R, which shouldn't have a BD-ROM Mark. (Of course, SlyPlayer would get around that; CloneBD could also strip Cinavia codes during the remuxing process.)

I suspect the OP's friend had either (a) a pre-release BD intended for professionals that was Cinavia-protected to prevent playback by the general public, or (b) an illegally-produced copy (i.e., camcorded).
    Last edited by RBBrittain; 13th July 2010 at 08:57. Reason: Expand

Quote Originally Posted by Pelvis Popcan View Post
    Does this mean that the only way to watch such a disc is with SlyPlayer or with some specific models of hardware players? In other words, from what you are saying, it makes it sound like certain hardware players will not be able to play a disc backed up by AnyDVD when it is protected by Cinavia. (???)
    Yes, that's what it means - unless we can remove that stuff from the disc, but I'm not going to speculate on the feasability of that now.

Quote Originally Posted by RBBrittain View Post
    That's how Cinavia describes its technology on its website. To block copies without blocking originals, the Cinavia code would have to be inserted during the copying process; I don't see how that's possible.
    No, the "code" is on the original as well - the players will only play along as long as the disc is fully AACS protected. It's as simple as that.
    Peer
    SlySoft Inc.

Please post software-related questions in the forum. PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RBBrittain View Post

Unless it's somehow tied to the BD-ROM Mark (the uncopyable signature on every pressed BD), there's no way this technology could be used on pressed BDs for the consumer market. And if it were tied to the BD-ROM Mark, we'd know instantly as any ORIGINAL with such protection couldn't be played back on any PC with AnyDVD HD active, since AnyDVD HD presents the disc to Windows as a BD-R, which shouldn't have a BD-ROM Mark. (Of course, SlyPlayer would get around that; CloneBD could also strip Cinavia codes during the remuxing process.)

I suspect the OP's friend had either (a) a pre-release BD intended for professionals that was Cinavia-protected to prevent playback by the general public, or (b) an illegally-produced copy (i.e., camcorded).
    Well, I'm sorry to say the mystery of Cinavia continues. When the backup was played back on a PS3 attached to a receiver (HDMI DD 5.1), the audio was muted after 20 minutes (did not matter if it was FF or waited the entire time), but when played back via PS3 attached to a TV (via HDMI stereo), the sound was not muted for the entire film.

I am sorry if it seems as if I am being cryptic, but I don't have any additional information to share, not because I don't want to share the information, but simply because I am completely baffled by their protection. The only fact I've been able to gather so far is, it is in The Losers and Repo Men, and no, I am not sure what region the original disc is from. Sorry.

Page 1 of 220 123451151101 ... LastLast