Page 103 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2190

Thread: Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveKush View Post
    so someone just needs to figure out how to replicate it
    You can't replicate it on a BD-R

Default new update on cinevia

just for update THE OTHER GUYS BD has cinavia message code 3 i have try it on my PS3

The problem with this type of encoding is, it's just hard to "unbake" a cake.
    Dump a little Jalapeno pepper in your cake mix and it's tough not to taste it.
    If someone does come up with a practical filter to restore the audio, I'd like to see the math that does it.
    When any amp, mixer, whatever distorts audio, it's distorted. This isn't a pop/click problem. If they use modulated harmonics, it'll be a real tough bird.

A quick-and-dirty defeat of Cinavia will probably end up being hardware dependent. If some enterprising soul tossed a C-note at a Cinavia-enabled player with the same model number as their pre-Cinavia enable unit, one could then inspect the circuit boards to identify the added chip, then sequentially short the contacts to see if the chip could be defeated.
    Might lose a player, might defeat Cinavia.

If anyone is having problems with movies that have Cinavia and are trying to play them without errors on PS3 there is an easy fix. if you don't know you can change audio settings in PS3. What you do is go into Audio Settings and change the AUDIO MULTI-OUTPUT to ON and on the AUDIO OUTPUT SETTINGS TAB change it to OPTICAL DIGITAL even though you may not be using it.On the next screen after clicking on OPTICAL DIGITAL make sure you TICK all the Audio selections it shows and presto no Cinavia when playing movies that have it. Hope this helps anyone having problems and hopefully I didn't break any rules by posting it.If I did I will delete post.

You don't have to checkmark all of the options. Also if you are using HDMI for audio, setting primary output to optical will force the HDMI output to stereo only.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiDragon View Post
    You don't have to checkmark all of the options. Also if you are using HDMI for audio, setting primary output to optical will force the HDMI output to stereo only.
    Yeah you don't have to I simply said that to avoid people having problems.Just a safety precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by JimGrayson View Post
    The problem with this type of encoding is, it's just hard to "unbake" a cake.
    Dump a little Jalapeno pepper in your cake mix and it's tough not to taste it.
    If someone does come up with a practical filter to restore the audio, I'd like to see the math that does it.
    When any amp, mixer, whatever distorts audio, it's distorted. This isn't a pop/click problem. If they use modulated harmonics, it'll be a real tough bird.
    Excellent analogy. I posted something similar, with mixing the white and black sand then trying to "unmix" them in this post, but your "unbaking" example is more illustrative.

Cheers and...
    ...Cinavia drop dead

Thanks!
    After several yrs of working broadcast FM, you have to get creative with descriptions to managers (rarely technically educated), production directors (mostly obsessed with trying to keep dj's in line or at work), DJ's (obsessed with themselves, all of them think they are "personalities" and have something worthwhile to say), and owners who are trying to milk a starving cow.
    It was fun, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peer View Post
    That is known and not so much of a problem.
    I'm quite confident that before this type of protection spreads widely, our SlyPlayer is ready and that will play that kind of content.
    Or any other player that doesn't have to follow the blu-ray rules - after all, it requires the player identify the protection and actively mute the sound, it's not implicit.
    why not just download a torrent, instead of worrying about blu-ray if your just gonna watch on pc? or canyou put slyplayer on devices?

and what about watching cams on a ps3, any developers or anyone got any ideas yet?