Page 54 of 220 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Yea, step 1 of *ANY* potential "solution" is to detect it. Personally I'd LOVE to see an AnyDVD update that puts in the status window "Cinavia detected". Even if it can't be removed, I'd love to be able to identify this crap for so many reasons. James/Peer...if you had a sample of this thing do you think detection would be possible for AnyDVD?
    We'll see. But AnyDVD would need at least an AC3 and DTS decoder. It would need to read large parts of the disc before it could make a decision.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

What about those WD Live devices?
    I don't know these devices.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We'll see. But AnyDVD would need at least an AC3 and DTS decoder. It would need to read large parts of the disc before it could make a decision.
    Grrrrrr. I'm disliking this watermark more and more. I don't care about removing it (at the moment) but detecting the damn thing would be nice.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

I don't know these devices.
    Me either, but, they've been mentioned. They seem to have added Cinavia support. Idiots.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

@James
    Don't know if you read the whole thread.
    I had this idea of converting the bd into a bdav and encryption it.
    i think that would(possibly) make the player think that the bd is procteced and not mute the sound.
    what do you think?
    of course a program has to be made to encrypt, instead of decrypt.

later

Quote Originally Posted by dirio49 View Post
    @James
    Don't know if you read the whole thread.
    I had this idea of converting the bd into a bdav and encryption it.
    i think that would(possibly) make the player think that the bd is procteced and not mute the sound.
    what do you think?
    of course a program has to be made to encrypt, instead of decrypt.

later
    Keys for encryption are unknown.

originally posted by Feynor:

Old players happily ignore Cinavia and most are likely to continue to do so, but the watermark still makes it out of the loudspeakers.
    does this mean that older bluray players will ignore a bd-r copy of a disc with cinavia but there will be a drop in the volume anyway? just wondering if i'm reading this part of your post correctly. many thanks.

Keys for encryption are unknown.
    I see.
    so there are different keys for encryption and decryption.
    kind of like public and private keys of PGP.

Quote Originally Posted by mukooh View Post
    does this mean that older bluray players will ignore a bd-r copy of a disc with cinavia but there will be a drop in the volume anyway? just wondering if i'm reading this part of your post correctly. many thanks.
    Without any instruction set to respond to the Cinavia signal, it will be like it wasn't there. This is the current condition with software players. They just ignore it.

Yea, step 1 of *ANY* potential "solution" is to detect it. Personally I'd LOVE to see an AnyDVD update that puts in the status window "Cinavia detected". Even if it can't be removed, I'd love to be able to identify this crap for so many reasons. James/Peer...if you had a sample of this thing do you think detection would be possible for AnyDVD?
    At least they're offering solutions for this themselves

http://www.verance.com/products/av_vfy_dtv.php

Page 54 of 220 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast