Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ANY! folder

Quote Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
    I wrote "copy protection" (in quotes). This may be a special case, the folder is on AnyDVD processed images for a long time.
    If I were at Sony in charge of discouraging people making successful backups, I might had such funny idea and check for ANY! folder - by introducing negligible change into the firmware.
    How many average users get into editing of an image, not to mention getting to the idea of removing particular folder from it? Although simple, such method could discourage many users of that player.

However, the player model is still unknown, so nobody can recheck for this peculiar behavior.

@Dannybridi:
    Could you please only rename ANY! folder to e.g. ALL! in your image, burn it and retest?
    I will build a BD-RE with the ANY! folder renamed to ALL! and test. Will post my findings in a couple of hours... BTW, the Sony players I tried are the BDP-S350 and the BDP-S550.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybridi View Post
    BTW, the Sony players I tried are the BDP-S350 and the BDP-S550.
    In that case, the presence of ANY! folder is unlikely to cause the playback problems, as already suggested by Ch3vr0n, Peer, PrincipalityFusion and James.

So it's even more interesting to see the findings of the new test.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybridi View Post
    I will build a BD-RE with the ANY! folder renamed to ALL! and test. Will post my findings in a couple of hours... BTW, the Sony players I tried are the BDP-S350 and the BDP-S550.
    I don't think that is going to bring any light into this.
    You should leave the name ANY!
    The idea is supposed to be, that you're not using the original ISO that AnyDVD created, but an own self-mastered one, but still with the ANY! folder on.
    Peer
    SlySoft Inc.

Please post software-related questions in the forum. PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

Test results:
    1. I created a BD-RE with the ANY! folder renamed to ALL! --> It worked fine on Sony
    2. Using the same BD-RE, I mastered it with the ANY! folder, but this time empty --> It worked fine on Sony
    3. Using the same BD-RE, I mastered it with the ANY! folder, with its content --> It worked fine on Sony
    4. For completion's sake, and since I did not expect the result of step 3, I re-created the original problem by creating a new ISO (from the original BD using the "Rip to image..." option) and burned it onto the same BD-RE --> IT WORKED FINE ON SONY!!!

Now I am totally confused, especially after having spent many hours trying to figure out a problem that does not seem to exist anymore.

To be on the safe side, I think I will remove the ANY! folder on future backups.

Thanks to all.

That's a safe bet. TMT3 refuses to play from folder when there is a subfolder ANY!, meaning that they banned the rename of AACS that Slysoft uses.
    It is not much of a stretch of imagination that such restrictions can be implemented by a new firmware of a standalone player, making the old discs with ANY! on them not work.

Quote Originally Posted by florinsasu View Post
    That's a safe bet. TMT3 refuses to play from folder when there is a subfolder ANY!, meaning that they banned the rename of AACS that Slysoft uses.
    It is not much of a stretch of imagination that such restrictions can be implemented by a new firmware of a standalone player, making the old discs with ANY! on them not work.
    I've never had any issues with the Any! folder being left in when playing back using TMT 3

version 3.0.1.180 with 3D plugin, playing from folder

Must be something to do with the plugin as I have the latest without the plug in and it has no issues

version 3.0.1.180 with 3D plugin, playing from folder
    I have no problem. I have the plugin too.

Nope, just did that a few days ago. With the 3D plugin - and a 3D disc. No problem.
    Peer
    SlySoft Inc.

Please post software-related questions in the forum. PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast