Page 1 of 135 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Exclamation Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

This thread is for a list of Blurays/dvds that contain Cinavia protection and a list of bluray/media players and firmware versions do or don't contain cinavia support.

NOTE: SlySoft will eventually resolve this issue in the coming Slyce product, not AnyDVD.

ONLY post in this thread if you know of titles that contain Cinavia or if you know which players and firmwares are and aren't affected. If possible post a photo of your tv showing the movie and the Cinavia message. For any other information about Cinavia use this thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=41581

Hopefully a moderator could make this post a sticky.

Cross-reference to this list available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia...a_Watermarking

Blurays:

The Losers - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
    The Tourist - Region A
    The Karate Kid (2010) - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
    Salt - Region A/B (Unknown for other regions atm)
    The Other Guys - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
    Resident Evil Afterlife - Region A, B and C (3Q 2011)
    The Social Network - Region A (Unknown for other regions atm)
    Battle: Los Angeles - Region A and Region B, C (3Q 2011)
    Zookeeper - Region A (reported 10/2011)
    Smurfs - Region A (reported 12/2011)
    Roommate - Region A re-released on BluRay (reported 12/2011)
    Friends With Benefits - Region B (reported 01/2012)

DVDs:

The Takers - Region 1 (Unknown for other regions atm)
    The Tourist - Region 1 (reported 9/2011)
    Zookeeper - Region 1 (reported 10/2011)
    Zookeeper - Region 2 & Region 5 (reported 12/2011)
    Wrath of the titans - Region 1 (reported 7/2012)
    Project X - Region 1 (reported 7/2012)

Bluray players/media players that contain Cinavia:

Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) - Firmwares affected - all firmwares newer than v3.01 contain Cinavia (Message Code 3)
    Pioneer BDP-V6000 - unknown firmware atm
    Samsung BD 5700
    Denon DBP-1611UD - unknown firmware atm
    Marantz UD5005 - unknown firmware atm

Bluray players/media players that DO NOT contain Cinavia:

LG BD550 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
    LG BD560 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
    LG BD570 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
    Samsung BD-P1590 latest firmware v2.13 and older
    Samsung BD-C5900-XAA firmware BSP-C6900WWB-1019.1 and older
    Samsung BD-C6900 up until firmware version BSP-C6900WWB-1018.1
    Sony BDP-S300 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
    Sony BDP-S301 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
    Sony BDP-S360 latest firmware 007 and older
    Sony BDP-S370 firmware M03.R.315 and older
    Sony BDP-S550 latest firmware 020 and older
    Sony BDP-S560 latest firmware 007 and older
    Sony BDP-S570 firmware M04.R.624 and older
    Sony BDP-N460 firmware M02.R.123 and older
    Sony BDP-CX960 firmware v013 and older
    Oppo BDP-80 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Oppo BDP-83 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Oppo BDP-83 SE - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Oppo BDP-93 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Oppo BDP-95 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
    Panasonic DMP-BD85 - firmware v1.70 dated 2010/10/15 and older
    Panasonic DMP-BDT350 - firmware v1.73 dated November 22, 2010 and older
    Panasonic SC-BT230 firmware 1.50 and older
    Philips BDP9600 firmware 1.53
    Pioneer BDP-51FD and BDP-05FD firmware v1.70
    Pioneer BDP-320 V3.70 firmware and older
    Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDAVN00 (latest FW v1.03.01 and older)
    Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 2nd Gen - model: WDBABF0000NBK-NESN (firmware 1.01.70 and older)
    Western Digital WD TV Live HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBAAN0000NBK (latest beta Firmware v1.03.35 and older)
    Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBABX0000NBK (latest Firmware v1.03.29 and older)
    Vizio VBR100 firmware unknown

Software players that contain Cinavia:

CyberLink PowerDVD 12

Software Players that DONT contain Cinavia at the current time:

Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 3
    Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 5
    Corel WinDVD Pro 2010
    CyberLink PowerDVD 10
    CyberLink PowerDVD 11

SamuriHL Update: Note that TV's, Receivers, cell phones, tablets, sound cards, cable modems, pocket watches, and any other device that is *NOT* a player DOES NOT "contain Cinavia". It is not technically possible as the *PLAYER* has to determine what is or is not a trust source. If you suspect you are dealing with a Cinavia problem, you will know if, and ONLY IF, you SEE AN ACTUAL CINAVIA MESSAGE ON THE SCREEN. I don't care if the "title contains Cinavia". If you do NOT see a Cinavia ERROR message, you are NOT dealing with a Cinavia problem.

NOTE:

Last edited by SamuriHL; 7th September 2012 at 08:56. Reason: Updated

I made it sticky. Just a question and then I'll clean this up (as we don't want it to be a discussion thread)....how did you test The Runaways? Like I said, once you answer I'll delete our posts to keep this thread clean.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

I wouldn't necessarily trust that site, they have Repo Men as having Cinavia, but mine doesn't have it on the Unrated version

Neither does my Runaways. So don't know about that one. Maybe someone with a rental copy can test...
    I tested with a bd copy, I'll rip it to avi, maybe I get Cinavia that way.

Sony BDP S300 & S301 No Cinavia
    Fast Eddie

@fast eddie, do you have both of those players, if so which firmwares are on them and which movie did u test and was is from a bluray source e.g a bdrip xvid?

Quote Originally Posted by florinsasu View Post
    Neither does my Runaways. So don't know about that one. Maybe someone with a rental copy can test...
    I tested with a bd copy, I'll rip it to avi, maybe I get Cinavia that way.
    the link i replied with shows the name of the runaways bdrip copy which is on piratebay i believe, maybe you could try that, its possible some regions of the movie don't contain the protection or possibly even some countries due to legal rights. So please do a bdrip xvid from your disc and also try the copy they stated that does have cinavia. Did u test your BD-R copy on a ps3, if so which firmware does it have on?
    Last edited by hajj_3; 29th July 2010 at 07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by hajj_3 View Post
    @fast eddie, do you have both of those players, if so which firmwares are on them and which movie did u test and was is from a bluray source e.g a bdrip xvid?

the link i replied with shows the name of the runaways bdrip copy which is on piratebay i believe, maybe you could try that, its possible some regions of the movie don't contain the protection or possibly even some countries due to legal rights. So please do a bdrip xvid from your disc and also try the copy they stated that does have cinavia. Did u test your BD-R copy on a ps3, if so which firmware does it have on?
    I have PS3 fw3.40.
    For those rips that were mentioned in the link, I think the problem was "header removal" issue with DTS tracks and not Cinavia. And ppl just mixed up the results.
    I will make a divx rip of my bd and try it as well and post results.
    Also, I think The Losers, The Runaways and Repo Men are only released in USA atm.

this is the firmware for the wdtv g2 that I have that plays the loser's fine. firmware I have is 1.01.70

is the model number for your WDTV this? - WDBABF0000NBK-NESN