Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1346

Thread: Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

[QUOTE=hajj_3;272807]This thread is for a list of Blurays/dvds that contain Cinavia protection and a list of bluray/media players and firmware versions do or don't contain cinavia support.

ONLY post in this thread if you know of titles that contain Cinavia or if you know which players and firmwares are and aren't affected. If possible post a photo of your tv showing the movie and the Cinavia message.

======================================

I have a Sony Blu Ray unit BDP S580 with software version M07.R.0620 and for the first time I got the message code 3, but my unit did a software upgrade last week. I got it on Wrath Of The Titans. The disc did play on my CyberLink Power DVD 9.0, from my non blu ray disc drive in my computer.
    I'm wondering if a player doesn't have this in it already if one could block updates and never have to deal with the problem again.
    Also I read that the system sends the serial # of the recorded disc that is being played back (not sure where though)
    My LG BD670 plays the disc just fine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dee_ni_al; 22nd June 2012 at 15:59. Reason: new information

i was recently 'forced' to update my ps3's firmware. i wasnt crazy about it but had to in order to play a recent blu-ray release ...

so the thought occured to me, if I spring for an oppo, would new bd releases (originals) play fine ? those discs with cinavia protection included ?

---
    posted via android
    macbook pro retina 15
    LG CP40
    AnyDVD HD
    CloneDVDMobile
    Ripbot264

UPDATE Sony BDP-S790 has Cinavia built into it as indicated by its online manual: http://support.sony-asia.com.edgesui...4418509111.pdf

Excerpt "Cinavia Notice This product uses Cinavia technology to limit the use of unauthorized copies of some commercially-produced film and videos and their soundtracks. When a prohibited use of an unauthorized copy is detected, a message will be displayed and playback or copying will be interrupted. More information about Cinavia technology is provided at the Cinavia Online Consumer Information Center at http://www.cinavia.com."
    Toshiba Qosmio X500 X500/04N - Intel Core i7 Quad Core Processor 740QM (1.73GHz/2.93GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 6MB L2 Cache) / 18.4" 1920x1080 Display / 8GB DDR-3 RAM / 1TB HDD (1x 7200RPM 500GB + 1 x 5400RPM 500GB - Hitachi) / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 360M / BD-RW Burner (Matsushita BD-MLT UJ240 ES).

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
    People should read the "Talk" part of the Wikipedia entry for Cinavia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Cinavia). There has been some debate as to what constitutes info that should be listed. A conspiracy theory is completely unwarranted.

A very valid point is this:

Nonetheless, if people want an updated list in these forums then someone needs to step up to maintain the list.
    Interpret this any way anyone likes, however . .

I was one of the folks who was keeping info in wikipedia up to date regarding players that have or are free of cinavia. One day I found all my updates had been deleted along with all the other info posted by others. When I complained and reposted my update info . . I was told it came down because there were no verifiable references. I responded saying I personally have tested anything I post. Then the post quoted in this thread showed up.

When Sony posted the firmware updates to their x80 and x90 standalone players, I posted again, and included the links to Sony's actual statements regarding cinavia in those players.
    http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-do...&os_group_id=5
    Detailed, verified info from the mouth of the manufacturer. That got deleted also.

Conspiracy? I don't know. I only know wikipedia refuses to permit detailed and verified information about cinavia infected players from being included in their website. You can make up your own mind about why . . . but it is pretty clear to me that someone with influence does not want cinavia infected products identified for consumers to avoid . .
    Last edited by Rich86; 28th June 2012 at 23:53.
    A long time audio/video addict . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    I only know wikipedia refuses to permit detailed and verified information about cinavia infected players from being included in their website. You can make up your own mind about why . . . but it is pretty clear to me that someone with influence does not want cinavia infected products identified for consumers to avoid . .
    Wow, I would have to guess Verance is doing it (going after wikipedia) cuz they have the most to lose, but wasn't Cinavia mandated for all players post 201x/xx/xx?

In another forum you posted that Sony said they would never issue a firmware update that included Cinavia without listing it in the release notes. I wonder if we can trust them, as I would put Sony as probably #2 behind Verance in wanting to keep it under the rug?

Is there a 3D player that does not have Cina??
    I bought a samsung BD-E5900 and it has Cina.

I recently bought a Samsung BD-D5300 Blue Ray Player from Tesco Direct in the UK (in May). Knowing nothing about Cinavia I stupidly updated the firmware to version 1025. Using a usb stick to play Wrath of the Titans brought up Cinavia Message 3 (and muted the sound) after 20 minutes. Not happy, I began my research....

My solution was to return the original player as faulty and ask for a replacement, hoping if I didnt upgrade the firmware on the replacement the shipped firmware might be old enough to allow me to play the same Wrath of the Titans file ok.

The replacement arrived with firmware version 1019. And, low and behold, it plays the same Wrath of the Titans file, via usb, perfectly fine.

I havent tried any other infected movie file but, as far as I can tell from this one movie file, firmware 1019 seems to be Cinavia free. Suffice to say, this player will be going nowhere near an ethernet connection. As this player will mainly be used for usb files im not too worried about future blueray disc compatibility.

I just hope however, for the odd disc I do play, they cant "upgrade" my player with software sneakily installed from a blueray or dvd disc....
    Last edited by ruggs1234; 30th June 2012 at 11:16.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremevideoinc117 View Post
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    My LG BD670 plays the disc just fine but I bought the unit in November 2011, and it is wifi built in and I have it connected to cat6 cable, I just refuse all updates, I tried one but it failed, thank goodness I guess. We have 15mb internet. As I said this played Wrath of the Titans while my other bluray 3-d player wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfUrl View Post
    Wow, I would have to guess Verance is doing it (going after wikipedia) cuz they have the most to lose, but wasn't Cinavia mandated for all players post 201x/xx/xx?

In another forum you posted that Sony said they would never issue a firmware update that included Cinavia without listing it in the release notes. I wonder if we can trust them, as I would put Sony as probably #2 behind Verance in wanting to keep it under the rug?
    That post was a copy/paste of a mod post from the Sony firmware support forum. Sony has included cinavia as a listed update when they put out firmware for their x80 & x90 players, so I have no reason to doubt what the Sony mod said in their forum. I imagine they took a fair amount of heat when they forced cinavia into their PS3 customers machines.
    btw - one of the posters over at AVS has updated his S550 to the newest (June, 2012) firmware and played 2 cinavia infected backup discs - and says they both played fine - no cinavia messages nor muting of audio.
    Last edited by Rich86; 30th June 2012 at 19:59.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremevideoinc117 View Post
    I believe the Sony BDP-S570 supports 3D and has not been infected with cinavia - but do more research to be sure. You'll have to look for a used/second hand unit of course since this model is long out of production.
    Last edited by Rich86; 30th June 2012 at 20:00.