Page 116 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1389

Thread: Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Is there a 3D player that does not have Cina??
    I bought a samsung BD-E5900 and it has Cina.

I recently bought a Samsung BD-D5300 Blue Ray Player from Tesco Direct in the UK (in May). Knowing nothing about Cinavia I stupidly updated the firmware to version 1025. Using a usb stick to play Wrath of the Titans brought up Cinavia Message 3 (and muted the sound) after 20 minutes. Not happy, I began my research....

My solution was to return the original player as faulty and ask for a replacement, hoping if I didnt upgrade the firmware on the replacement the shipped firmware might be old enough to allow me to play the same Wrath of the Titans file ok.

The replacement arrived with firmware version 1019. And, low and behold, it plays the same Wrath of the Titans file, via usb, perfectly fine.

I havent tried any other infected movie file but, as far as I can tell from this one movie file, firmware 1019 seems to be Cinavia free. Suffice to say, this player will be going nowhere near an ethernet connection. As this player will mainly be used for usb files im not too worried about future blueray disc compatibility.

I just hope however, for the odd disc I do play, they cant "upgrade" my player with software sneakily installed from a blueray or dvd disc....
    Last edited by ruggs1234; 30th June 2012 at 11:16.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremevideoinc117 View Post
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    My LG BD670 plays the disc just fine but I bought the unit in November 2011, and it is wifi built in and I have it connected to cat6 cable, I just refuse all updates, I tried one but it failed, thank goodness I guess. We have 15mb internet. As I said this played Wrath of the Titans while my other bluray 3-d player wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfUrl View Post
    Wow, I would have to guess Verance is doing it (going after wikipedia) cuz they have the most to lose, but wasn't Cinavia mandated for all players post 201x/xx/xx?

In another forum you posted that Sony said they would never issue a firmware update that included Cinavia without listing it in the release notes. I wonder if we can trust them, as I would put Sony as probably #2 behind Verance in wanting to keep it under the rug?
    That post was a copy/paste of a mod post from the Sony firmware support forum. Sony has included cinavia as a listed update when they put out firmware for their x80 & x90 players, so I have no reason to doubt what the Sony mod said in their forum. I imagine they took a fair amount of heat when they forced cinavia into their PS3 customers machines.
    btw - one of the posters over at AVS has updated his S550 to the newest (June, 2012) firmware and played 2 cinavia infected backup discs - and says they both played fine - no cinavia messages nor muting of audio.
    Last edited by Rich86; 30th June 2012 at 19:59.
    A long time audio/video addict . . .

Quote Originally Posted by xtremevideoinc117 View Post
    I believe the Sony BDP-S570 supports 3D and has not been infected with cinavia - but do more research to be sure. You'll have to look for a used/second hand unit of course since this model is long out of production.
    Last edited by Rich86; 30th June 2012 at 20:00.
    A long time audio/video addict . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    I have no reason to doubt what the Sony mod said in their forum. I imagine they took a fair amount of heat when they forced cinavia into their PS3 customers machines.
    I misunderstood that "other posting" then; I'd thought that was an email response from Customer Service perhaps.

In any event I expect as you do, that Sony will show Cinavia in their release notes from this point forward. Further, I expect that at some time in the future, there will be a "must-have" disc that won't play without an update, and that update will force Cinavia on Cinavia-capable players (but not older players).

Just bought LG BD660 3d/2d player today firmware says H10IMN0505 (Manufactured Jan 2012) and it plays The Smurfs & Wrath of the titans with no problems using verbatim 50gb discs.
    Last edited by discoballs; 1st July 2012 at 15:58.

Default Samsung

my samsung player just had an update to the soft/formware
    and presumably just installed the cinavia reading software
    causing my recent copy of Wrath of the Titans to have audio
    muted.Dont get latest updates to your players

Quote Originally Posted by cdrewe View Post
    my samsung player just had an update to the soft/formware
    and presumably just installed the cinavia reading software
    causing my recent copy of Wrath of the Titans to have audio
    muted.Dont get latest updates to your players
    ya might wanna say what model
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

I have a sammy player. That makes me somewhat nervous. But then, my player is 3+ yrs old. It may not be capable of such an update. I don't use it much anymore though. It's been a picky player since day one...

Page 116 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast