Page 122 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1392

Thread: Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Quote Originally Posted by v1nce View Post
    Despite what the manual says, the LG BP325W does not have Cinavia protection. The Cinavia infected files I played on it that triggered Cinavia on my Samsung BD-E5700 player ran beautifully on the BP325W I got @ Fry's.

Main ver: BD7.717.00
    Software ver: H12SON0350

Safe to say I'm never going to let it update it's firmware
    I have the BP325W with the same firmware - it has Cinavia.
    confirmed with MIB 3

Quote Originally Posted by pacaveli420 View Post
    I have the BP325W with the same firmware - it has Cinavia.
    confirmed with MIB 3
    There is no way that both of you can be right. Are you sure you have the exact same firmware and model number? Not sure if the country it is sold in makes a difference, but possible. But there is obviously a difference between your player and the other poster's player.

PS: It would be interesting to hear from other people who have this model and firmware to either dispute or confirm this.
    Until then, I would assume that this player and firmware probably does support Cinavia, especially if it's documented in the manual.

Cinavia enabled stand alone players will probably be the norm in the near future. A better solution is to dump the standalone blu ray players and go with an HTPC for full quality HD, rather than waiting for the Cinavia audio re-encoding hack.
    Last edited by Roycal; 24th November 2012 at 11:32.

Default Cinavia Future

I have confirmed with a source Cinavia future plans are to incorporate the audio watermarking into pressed CD's and infect next generation of audio equipment. Of course this is just in the talks with the major music labels and implementation into audio equipment manufacturer.

Man they're dumb. THey're just inspiring people to do something about it. I do understand protecting ones investment, but I think this is going a bit far...

BD+ was short lived. This one will fail too. It's only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by slee02 View Post
    I have confirmed with a source Cinavia future plans are to incorporate the audio watermarking into pressed CD's and infect next generation of audio equipment. Of course this is just in the talks with the major music labels and implementation into audio equipment manufacturer.
    With mp3 players and i-tunes, CD media is going the way of reel to reel and tape cassettes.

This sounds like wishful marketing from Verance though and probably will never happen. The only way Cinavia can work is with high power signal processors that aren't even necessary in audiio only equipment. It would increase the cost of manufacturing the players unnecessarily. Most blu-ray players already have the necessary hardware to process the cinavia signals, so it's not an extra expense for the player manufacturer to physically support detecting Cinavia.

If you ignore the extra expense of manufacturing, it is possible to use Cinavia with any audio recording, but they would have to figure out a way to protect the source media similiar to BDROM mark on original BD's that can't be duplicated with consumer equipment. Since CD's are on their way out as a medium, it would not be worth pursuing that market. It's all about itunes and mp3 players these days.

Edit: If the target player is the existing blu ray players, then I do understand why the record labels would be interested. EG. 7 channels with True HD. But it would have to be with DVD's or BD's,
    But that's just one more reason to dump stand alone players and go with an HTPC system.

The simplest solution for avoiding Cinavia is to control the player, rather than trying to filter out the watermark. That may be the ultimate conclusion in the end.

I am all for trying to isolate the watermarks and cancelling the signals out, if it is possible, but so far, it's like trying to use a spoon to seperate food coloring out of a bowl of clear water.
    Last edited by Roycal; 26th November 2012 at 12:18.

Default Lg bp620 3d does it have cinavia

Hello I will like to know if this LG BD player has CINAVIA

LG BP620 3D Blu-Ray Player with Built-In Wi-Fi

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by FAUSTOCG View Post
    Hello I will like to know if this LG BD player has CINAVIA

LG BP620 3D Blu-Ray Player with Built-In Wi-Fi

thank you.
    Depends when the blu ray player was made. If you go to the manufacturers web site they have firmware upgrades. Avoid anything that says cinavia. You need to find out what firmware the player is currently is using. You might want to downgrade the firmware so you don't have the cinavia protection. My blu ray player currently doesn't have the cinavia protection. If I upgrade to the newest firmware I will have that cinavia protection. Which I don't want.
    Last edited by SteveH4263; 2nd December 2012 at 22:31.

I'm about 90 percent sure this player is probably Cinavia supported out of the box given the manufacturing date. Cinavia support is going to be the typical thing with future licensed blu ray players.

HTPC's are still the best solution with dealing with Cinavia, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Roycal View Post
    I'm about 90 percent sure this player is probably Cinavia supported out of the box given the manufacturing date. Cinavia support is going to be the typical thing with future licensed blu ray players.

HTPC's are still the best solution with dealing with Cinavia, in my opinion.
    Or NOT having to deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH4263 View Post
    My blu ray player currently doesn't have the cinavia protection. If I upgrade to the newest firmware I will have that cinavia protection. Which I don't want.
    Which blu ray player is that, if you don't mind my asking? I have legacy blu-ray players, Samsung BD6900 and an LG BD650, that have current firmware and thankfully, no Cinavia support.

BTW, the only problem with legacy players is that the drives themselves just flake out. Swap out the drive and good to go. The rest of the electronics is good for 20 years.

Sometimes throwing out the old to get the new stuff every year is not always the best idea

Just to clarify that, My experience with blu ray players and burners is that their life is extremely limited in many cases. I went through about 4 panasonic burners in less than 15 months with moderate use. And two players. The reliability of the blu ray drives themselves are still evolving, but getting better.

BTW even though its called Blu Ray. The technology is actually a result of the development of the blue laser. Blu is short for Blue.

BTW, I am talking about cheap stuff and not Oppo level equipment. Last I heard, Oppo's don't have that short lived blue laser problem.
    I guess that's why the Oppo costs about 5 times more than the cheap ones
    Last edited by Roycal; 2nd December 2012 at 23:47. Reason: clarification

Page 122 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast