Page 21 of 135 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

That's why I edited the wiki site to split off Blu-rays from bootleg cinema copies. I don't know or care whether the bootleg cinema copies have it.

Quote Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post
    i played other dts-hd audio bluray fine before on wdtv gen1 players. was busy so could not test it on the wdtv live box. wdtv will just play the dts core. who said dtsma needs 1.3??? i can play it fine on my sony s550 bluray player connected to onkyo sr-705 with the dts-ma lights coming up...
    Bitstreaming DTS-HD MA (or TrueHD, for that matter) requires HDMI 1.3 or higher--which you evidently have since the right lights lit up on your Onkyo.

If your HDMI is below 1.3, the external device (BD player, PC, WDTV, etc.) must either (a) decode DTS-HD MA or TrueHD to LPCM (preferred, though you won't get any DTS or Dolby lights on your AVR--and it's only possible if your AVR supports LPCM over HDMI), (b) decode them to analog outputs (up to 7.1), or (c) bitstream only the DTS core or DD companion track over HDMI, optical or coax.

(Edit: Neither makes any difference as far as Cinavia is concerned. Cinavia-infected devices apparently detect it by decoding at least the DTS core, even when bitstreaming--both Cinavia BDs to date use DTS-HD MA. That's why it was said earlier that it's unlikely most older stand-alone BD players will ever be Cinavia-infected, even by firmware update.)
    Last edited by RBBrittain; 11th October 2010 at 16:01. Reason: Expand

Just backed up Karate Kid th other night. Watched it on my SA sony player for a good 30 min with no hiccup. And I know this movie has the new cinavia protection because it warned me when I loaded up Fab. So as it seems for now I'm in good shape. I may just purchase another cinavia-free player for a backup unit until this gets resolved.

Testing with the rental version of The Losers (region A/1), my LG BD570 does not trigger Cinavia.

I ripped the BD with AnyDVD to my hard drive. Since the BD570 can't play VC1 video inside m2ts or mkv files from the USB port, I had to re-encode the video to h264 using Handbrake. Cinavia survives a re-encode right?

I tried twice, the first time I encoded the audio to AAC, and then DTS (passthrough option in Handbrake).

The player was OK playing back both, it did not stop the audio after 20-30 minutes.

My BD570 is using an older firmware than the one listed in the first post. I have not updated the firmware since I bought it. It has an April 2010 manufacture date.

Main Ver: BD.8.31.211.C
    Servo Ver: H80586 (H08SAN)

Unless the rental edition of The Losers does not have Cinavia, then this older firmware of the BD570 does not have Cinavia.
    Last edited by bobberty; 14th October 2010 at 17:59.

Default Lg bd555c

Greetings all. I've been lurking the forums for a bit - just picked up Anydvd HD a while ago and have been following the Cinavia threads close. I wrote a letter to LG's technical support as follows:

Received Date : 10/13/2010 14:58 35
    The type of inquiry : Specification
    Product/Model No. : Telematics/Navigation/BD555C

Although I have conducted a thorough internet search I am unable to determine if The LG BD555C supports Cinavia watermark protection. I am interested in purchasing several units and need to know this specification before I make my purchase. Thank you for your help.

Their response after a slight mixup correction was:

Hello ****, thank you for contacting LG Customer service.

I apologize for the error earlier, sometimes the email program is slower than me and it does not refresh my screen.

I have checked with our national training manager and he assures me that this technology does not exist on any of our current BD players.

I thought this might have some relevance to this thread and may be to someones interest. For the record I had bought the LG BD555C before I wrote the inquiry. First post btw - greetings all!

It should have been noted (and not just implied by my forum name) that the unit I am referring to was bought in Best Buy in Canada for the record.
    Last edited by Canuck; 14th October 2010 at 20:10. Reason: Additional info

I have some new info for the LG BD550, so if you guys could update the first post that would be great.
    After I got a tip on a different forum today, I stopped at my friends who owns the BD550 and I went ahead and updated the firmware on it. Afterwards, I stuck in a copy of "The Losers" and watched about an hour of it, and for some odd but awesome reason, they have disabled Cinavia!! I have no idea why they would do this, but I'm not going to complain. Here's the firmware version it was on before and the new firmware with Cinavia disabled:

Old firmware(Cinavia enabled): BD.8.31.283.C Servo version: H80591

New firmware(Cinavia disabled): BD.8.31.317.C Servo version: H80594

So does anyone have any idea why they would disable it?
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Quote Originally Posted by Racem22 View Post
    I have some new info for the LG BD550, so if you guys could update the first post that would be great.
    After I got a tip on a different forum today, I stopped at my friends who owns the BD550 and I went ahead and updated the firmware on it. Afterwards, I stuck in a copy of "The Losers" and watched about an hour of it, and for some odd but awesome reason, they have disabled Cinavia!! I have no idea why they would do this, but I'm not going to complain. Here's the firmware version it was on before and the new firmware with Cinavia disabled:

Old firmware(Cinavia enabled): BD.8.31.283.C Servo version: H80591

New firmware(Cinavia disabled): BD.8.31.317.C Servo version: H80594

So does anyone have any idea why they would disable it?
    Short answer: It's possible their implementation of detection and enforcement of Cinavia may have been buggy and caused undo burdens on users who weren't, in fact, doing anything wrong. They may have removed it for the time being until they resolve the issues.

I am purely speculating. Remember that the AACS LA license requires detection and enforcement of Cinavia in newer players. The only way I can see them legitimately making a case and removing enforcement is if there was a bug or it seriously harmed playback for people who were using actual retail discs. Again, I am merely speculating so don't take what I say as fact.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Well, that sounds like a good answer to me, because I always thought that the player had to pop up with an error about Cinavia when the audio was muted, but for some reason no error would ever pop up on this player, it just muted the audio and left ya wondering. So that sounds like a good explanation.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Sony BDP N460 Network player latest firmware does NOT contain cinavia.firmware version M02R169. Karate Kid(US)tested.

Will be updating my panny DMP BD65 shortly and reporting back.