Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

I actually wondered about that but I haven't posted about my curiosity. I don't have....that software....to try it so I was waiting for someone to post on doom9 crying that it no longer works. Somehow I think we'd have seen posts about it by now if that were the case, so, I'm doubtful it's been blocked in 3.56.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

meh 3.56 was broken in hours apparantly http://www.myce.com/news/ps3-3-56-fi...release-39368/
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    meh 3.56 was broken in hours apparantly http://www.myce.com/news/ps3-3-56-fi...release-39368/
    So? How does that have anything to do with Cinavia detection? I know people theorize that since the PS3 is jailbroken that you could replace the PS3's bd player software with an older version that doesn't contain the detection routine, but, that's yet to be done afaik, and even then isn't a good solution considering they do actual compatibility updates from time to time.

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

Default can confirm that it's not disabled

i have firmware 3.56 and can confirm that cinavia is still active . last night tried to watch resident evil afterlife and after 20 min up came the error message. when i stream it from my computer with ps3 media server it does not come up. also has anyone tried taking the main movie and converting it to a m2ts file and see if this works. i have done it with the mkv and can confirm that it does. but you have to convert the audio to ac3

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoool View Post
    i have firmware 3.56 and can confirm that cinavia is still active . last night tried to watch resident evil afterlife and after 20 min up came the error message. when i stream it from my computer with ps3 media server it does not come up. also has anyone tried taking the main movie and converting it to a m2ts file and see if this works. i have done it with the mkv and can confirm that it does. but you have to convert the audio to ac3
    Yea, we didn't think it'd be removed. We were wondering if the infamous "solution" that was implemented by a competing software still worked on the 3.56 firmware. That being using the BD recordable standard which contains AACS encrption on the backup.

Default The Losers

The Losers has cinavia protection in Australia (region B, I think).
    Last edited by Markanski; 1st February 2011 at 02:59.

Default The Other Guys

The Other Guys has cinavia protection in Australia (region B, I think).

Default The other guys

UK copy also affected

I did not read the entire thread so not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but it isnt listed in first post.

Regarding the Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBABX0000NBK ... Firmware v1.03.39 does not appear to have Cinivia protection. Only tested with RE Afterlife (MKV). I did have a later official firmware release but rolled back to 1.0.39, so I cannot attest to the later version (which was/is, I believe, 1.0.49)
    or any versions that may have been released more recently. But again, 1.0.39 appears to be "clean". Maybe this will help some of you.

I have PS software 3.15, so I was surprised when Cinavia activated during the playback of SALT.

First time I've ever seen it!

cwh

Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast