Page 86 of 139 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Green lantern, US.

Has anyone identified the frequency range of the watermark? I've tried doing some research but weeding through all the garbage is mind numbing.

In order for the watermark to not interfere with the audio quality of the source material they would have to embed it in a frequency range that's inaudible to us correct? So therefore if we can find the frequency range of the watermark we could simply apply a filter to remove that frequency range throughout the entire audio file?

Then again maybe they somehow embedded the watermark in an audible range and therefore simply doing a filter would be somewhat cumbersome and counter-productive.

However, does anyone know of a program that could be run that could or would identify the watermark prior to streaming a file? I have a PS3 that obviously doesn't work well for many titles and a LG player that I haven't updated the firmware and plays all streams just fine.

I tried stripping the audio from a Cinavia protected file and was going to run it through a filter and remove all the upper frequencies but my laptop is too damn slow to do the trial and error required to find the frequencies.

Dregun

it is in a frequence we can't, here, the problem is that it isnt on the digital level as most things, but on analogue level
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    it is in a frequence we can't, here, the problem is that it isnt on the digital level as most things, but on analogue level
    No, it's not in a frequency we can't hear - that would be silly, because a simple bandpass filter would kill the watermark.
    The grandfather of Cinavia, the DVDA-watermark was already smarter than that.

It's in a frequency band that we can hear very well, that's the whole point of the watermark.

Anyway - we're nearing a count of 1000 posts in this thread and the same questions are being asked over and over and over again. That's because nobody with a sane mind would read through all of this.

I'd replace these 1000 posts with a short FAQ comprising all different ideas that have come up here so far (5? ) with the corresponding explanations why they won't work.
    Peer
    SlySoft Inc.

Please post software-related questions in the forum. PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

But then they'd just start a new thread anyway. I'm not opposed to a Cinavia FAQ though. When I feel better I'll consider throwing a sticky post together and link it to these 2 discussion threads. That way when the brilliant people come up with the never before thought of method to compare two tracks and look for Cinavia, well, yea.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

Why not just edit the first post to include a FAQ
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Because I want a faq that's locked.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

Angry Cinavia in another DVD

Just popped a backup DVD (from a DVD not a BluRay) of "Just Do It" into my PS3 and I can't believe it that Cinavia kicked in.

Why? If it has cinavia on the disc then a back up is going to flag it and turn it on

Quote Originally Posted by dvgeek View Post
    Just popped a backup DVD (from a DVD not a BluRay) of "Just Do It" into my PS3 and I can't believe it that Cinavia kicked in.

Do you mean "Just Go With It"?

I hope not because it's not on the cover art.(DVD Region 1)

Page 86 of 139 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast