Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cannot play copied dvd on my dvd player

Default cannot play copied dvd on my dvd player

Clone DVD saves the output as many IFO, VOB & BUP files which are playble on the computer but i cannot play them on my dvd player. The DVD player does not recognize the copie dvd.
    Thanks

Follow this guide
    step by step and pay very close attention to #2, 3, and 17
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

I am hvaing the same problem and I have the latest version of any dvd. I am using Fuji film DVD + R. I do not get any error while using Clone DVD. When I try to play the copied DVD it opens as Audio_ts and Video_ts folrder and on clicking the video_ts folder it shows the IFO files which are playable on the computer but it does not play on my dvd player.
    Thanks

I tried your suggestions but still have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Follow this guide
    step by step and pay very close attention to #2, 3, and 17

followed your suggestion but still the problem persists...

Quote Originally Posted by romeo View Post
    I am hvaing the same problem and I have the latest version of any dvd. I am using Fuji film DVD + R. I do not get any error while using Clone DVD. When I try to play the copied DVD it opens as Audio_ts and Video_ts folrder and on clicking the video_ts folder it shows the IFO files which are playable on the computer but it does not play on my dvd player.
    Thanks
    Is this an ongoing problem or did it just start? Fugi media is not very good unless it's MIJ (Made in Japan) The problem you describe is, as mmdavis pointed out, generally media and player incompatibility.
    I respond to PM and E-Mail requests
    Been to town.........seen the elephant

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=10
    2. Use good quality media only (Memorex, Ritek, Fuji, Princo, and Maxell that is not made in Japan are not good quality media)
    visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...3&postcount=25
    and
    http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s....php?p=3976250
    3. Try lowering your burn speed a little (if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x or 8x instead of 16x)
    4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)
    6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
    and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")
    Last edited by Webslinger; 13th May 2007 at 00:10.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Then answer these questions fully

Answers:

1. Any DVD version 6.1.4.3
    CLONE DVD version 2.9.0.3

2. No packet writing software in the system

a) Any DVD version 6.1.4.3
    b)Matshita UJ-820S
    c) None

a) Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest & Crank
    b) Region 1
    c) US
    d) Do not know

5. I have a Toshiba laptop A75-S2112. not sure how to find the optical reader adn writer.

a) Fuji Film
    b) DVD +R
    c) 120 min, 4.7gb
    d) 5291F1512+03328E09
    e) Made in Taiwan

7. initally it was maximum but reduced it to 4x

8. Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.4.3)
    MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S 1.50 405100KME1580122498
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2054576 sectors (4012 MBytes)
    Total size: 4096043 sectors (8000 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PIRATES_OF_THE_CARIBBEAN_2
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
    Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
    Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
    Found & removed error zones between files!
    Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.
    Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

9. i do not get any error but when i try to play the new copied dvd in my dvd player, it does not play. When I play it in my computer a folder opens with IFO, VOB files and i have to click on them to play the movie. Before i could just play them without this folder coming up.

Let me know if I you need any other information.
    thanks

LowerFilters -- REG_MULTI_SZ -- ElbyDelay Any DVD PxHelp20 drvmcdb Pfc sscdbhk5 Cdr4_xp

UpperFilters -- REG_MULTI_SZ -- Cdralw2kpwd_2k

sending my lower & upper filter as having the same problem... hope you do not mind it...i do not think i have an packet writting software..
    Thanks,