Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VSO Blu-ray to DVD converter

Default VSO Blu-ray to DVD converter

As a Gold Member at VSO I recently had notification of a New product VSO Blu-ray to DVD converter, VSO obviously recommend AnyDvd as the decryptor tool http://www.vso-software.fr/products/...ray-to-dvd.php
    Blu-ray to DVD converter guide http://www.vso-software.fr/guides/bl...eral_guide.php
    Just curious if anyone has given it any testing as VSO products are usually quite reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkym5 View Post
    As a Gold Member at VSO I recently had notification of a New product VSO Blu-ray to DVD converter, VSO obviously recommend AnyDvd as the decryptor tool http://www.vso-software.fr/products/...ray-to-dvd.php
    Blu-ray to DVD converter guide http://www.vso-software.fr/guides/bl...eral_guide.php
    Just curious if anyone has given it any testing as VSO products are usually quite reliable.
    I've tested it on the Inception blu ray dvd, and it's ok.

I've had a few missing audio problems on a episodic tv blu ray I own (Star Trek TOS, Season 2), but otherwise it works fine.

I'm still awaiting Slysoft's CloneBD and their answer to the Cinavia issue.

When they release their product(s), I'll probably switch over to their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
    I've tested it on the Inception blu ray dvd, and it's ok.

I've had a few missing audio problems on a episodic tv blu ray I own (Star Trek TOS, Season 2), but otherwise it works fine.

I'm still awaiting Slysoft's CloneBD and their answer to the Cinavia issue.

When they release their product(s), I'll probably switch over to their stuff.
    Thanks for the feedback whatever_gong82, I'll now have a play with it when I have little more time.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkym5 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback whatever_gong82, I'll now have a play with it when I have little more time.
    You're welcome.

They do make quality products though, and like you, I have a Gold Member license.

I've tested the program on a couple of BDs, and it works excellent.
    So far no problems occured.
    It's pretty fast, and it even can keep the original chapter marks.

Clown_BD can do this too, it's free. It also converts multiple subtitles, chapters & multiple audio tracks which I think the payware from VSO can't do (or at least couldn't do when I last looked at it)
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_r View Post
    Clown_BD can do this too, it's free. It also converts multiple subtitles, chapters & multiple audio tracks which I think the payware from VSO can't do (or at least couldn't do when I last looked at it)
    I've downloaded Clown BD, but haven't used it yet (I've used BD Rebuilder and the aforementioned VSO product), so I'm going have to try out your creation soon.

EDIT: how long do you think it'll take to convert a movie like Inception??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by whatever_gong82; 22nd December 2010 at 04:13. Reason: Question for mike r, along with AnyDVD log info

From my viewpoint the best way to go for non-compression back-up on blank Blu-ray disks (BD-R).

AnyDVD HD
    Clown_BD
    Imgburn

Another reason Clown_BD is the best, is you can load the entire source disk, or a BDMV folder, or a M2TS file, or MPLS file and back-up the way you like. The best software program for fixing all types of audio problems.
    Last edited by fast eddie; 22nd December 2010 at 08:21.
    Fast Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
    EDIT: how long do you think it'll take to convert a movie like Inception??
    For me about 33fps so 1.5x realtime.
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    From my viewpoint the best way to go for non-compression back-up on blank Blu-ray disks (BD-R).

AnyDVD HD
    Clown_BD
    Imgburn

Another reason Clown_BD is the best, is you can load the entire source disk, or a BDMV folder, or a M2TS file, or MPLS file and back-up the way you like. The best software program for fixing all types of audio problems.
    But the OP wants to back upto DVD. It seems that VSO have brought out a new product which converts only Blu-Ray to DVD. The GUI seems slick, and you appear to be able to create an audio/subtitle menu. I might just try it myself to see how it compares with my solution. Even at 32 euros ('introductory' price of 40 euros (normally 50 euros) less 20% christmas discount) it seems expensive to me for a lifetime licence with 12 months of updates.
    Last edited by mike_r; 22nd December 2010 at 08:47.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast