Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] Problems with "The Other Guys" DVD

Default [Resolved] Problems with "The Other Guys" DVD

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and am having problems making a copy of my "The Other Guys" DVD.

The thing says: "File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader"

It also says, "If reading the media has failed, clean the surface and try again."

I thought it was the DVD so I switched it out for another copy. Same problem.

I have a purchased copy of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, but fear of upgrading it because I don't want to end up having to use the trial program. My copier has been making new and current dvd's up to this point with no problem so the software must be up to date.

Please post a LOG file.
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_r View Post
    Please post a LOG file.

From AnyDVD?

From both AnyDVD and CloneDVD.
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

From AnyDVD:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.9)
    OPTIARC BD ROM BC-5500S 1.75 JUL08,2008
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
    Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Other Guys
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed structural copy protection!
    Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
    Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
    Found & removed RCE protection!
    UDF filesystem patched!
    Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
    Found & removed 12 potential bad sector protections!
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

From CloneDVD2:

File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB:Read Error

The system cannot read from the specified device.

If reading the media has failed please clean the surface and try again.

Details:

File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader

CloneDVD2 Log:
    i07:09:20 Processing started
    i07:09:29 Successfully removed layer break
    i07:09:29 Target size sufficient, transcoder disabled
    x07:11:47 Processing stopped: F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1VOB:read error

First update AnyDVD. The last version works without problem. Last version is 6.7.6.0

Quote Originally Posted by copier View Post
    I have a purchased copy of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, but fear of upgrading it because I don't want to end up having to use the trial program. My copier has been making new and current dvd's up to this point with no problem so the software must be up to date.
    If you have purchased a copy then why would you fear updating? Why would you think you would end up having to use a trial version? You are using AnyDVD 6.6.0.9 which was released almost a year ago (12-25-2009) Why would you think that version would be up to date? Please update to AnyDVD 6.7.6.0 and post an actual logfile. To create a log, right click the AnyDVD icon on the lower right hand side of your task bar and click on create logfile then attach the file here if you want someone to be able to help you

Use the latest version of software and post the entire ZIP file containing logs when logs are requested. If you don't update and are using a very old version then problems are bound to happen and old versions simply aren't supported. As new versions come out the old ones become obsolete and supporting the old versions simply doesn't make sense with how quickly we see changes made to protection mechanisms.

As is already apparent from the snippet you did post from the CloneDVD logs and such the error you are receiving is a read error. This read error is most likely the direct result of structural protections used on the disc and given the age of your version of AnyDVD there simply is no support for the removal of the protections used.

At this point I'd say logs are pretty much useless in this case unless you update to AnyDVD 6.7.6.0 and then post logs as well as seeing if your problem goes away. Also make sure you are using CloneDVD v2.9.2.8 or v2.9.2.9 beta. You should not be using any version below v2.9.2.8.

Lastly, for the record, AnyDVD 6.6.0.9 was released on December 28, 2009. It's ~10 days shy of a year old and there have been numerous enhancements to some structural protections as well as countless fixes to AnyDVD since then. There have been no less than 106 AnyDVD updates released since v6.6.0.9 was released. You definitely need to update AnyDVD.

Quote Originally Posted by copier View Post
    I really don't understand this statement at all. Regardless, everything I wrote above quoting you is valid. Update your software and try again.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

His fear is that his cracked version stop working. I doubt he has a legal version

Quote Originally Posted by calcu007 View Post
    His fear is that his cracked version stop working. I doubt he has a legal version
    If that is the case then good luck getting support. There is absolutely zero reason why any support should be given by a version a year old that has been superseded by 106 updates.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.