Thread: Help! BD Rebuilder error

Default Help! BD Rebuilder error

When trying to run BD RB, I get the following error:
    "Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I've searched the web and found the following solution:
    Sometimes certain Microsoft Libraries can become unregistered when installing and uninstalling a lot of software. One very common problem is the MSCOMCTL.OCX.

To correct the error, first search your drive for MSCOMCTL.OCX to see if you have it. If not you can download it from HERE

The file should be placed in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory. Or, if you are C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 if you are using WinXP.

Once it is there click START--> RUN and type "REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX" (No quotes) in the box.

That should fix the problem.

However, when I try that I get the following error: "The module xxx.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c."

Anyone know how to fix this?

Shouldn't you be asking this over at Doom9 on the official BD Rebuilder forum?

Default missing the active x component

I do not have the link but if you do a google search you will find many links to download the component.

The command is regsvr (64) mscomctl.ocx from the location of the file. a different version is out there for 32 and 64 bit

You want simple answer if so, run BD-Rebuilder as administrator and tada problem solved.

Though you only need to do once.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it

I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500