Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 3 Bluray - Region code doesn't get removed correctly

Default Lost Season 3 Bluray - Region code doesn't get removed correctly

Hi,

when I try to play any disc of this set "regio-free" with AnyDVD I get the following error screen inside of PowerDVD:

"
    THIS DISC WILL NOT PLAY
    DUE TO THE REGION CODE SETTING OF THE PLAYER
    "

It works when I set the region code to "A" explicitly, but shouldn't it work too when I set it to "regio-free"? (thats my default, kinda the hassle to change it everytime for a Lost bluray)

I don't have this problem with other blurays.

This set is part of the complete collection, I got it from Amazon US.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
    Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.7.8.0)
    ATAPI IHOS104 WL06 2009/05/07 18:22
    Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Current profile: BD-ROM
    Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 17262976 sectors (33716 MBytes)
    Video Blu-ray label: LOST_SEASON3_DISC5
    Media is AACS protected!
    AACS MKB version 4
    Removed AACS copy protection!
    Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
    Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
    Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
    Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
    Removed UOPs!
    Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region A!
    The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.7.8.0 ) is up to date.
    Code:
    ATAPI IHOS104 WL06 2009/05/07 18:22
    Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
    If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
    See here and here.

Automatic region detection was not possible for this disk. Please set the region code correctly in AnyDVD settings, if you do not do this your disk may not be playable.
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by hackgrid View Post
    Hi,

when I try to play any disc of this set "regio-free" with AnyDVD I get the following error screen inside of PowerDVD:

"
    THIS DISC WILL NOT PLAY
    DUE TO THE REGION CODE SETTING OF THE PLAYER
    "

It works when I set the region code to "A" explicitly, but shouldn't it work too when I set it to "regio-free"? (thats my default, kinda the hassle to change it everytime for a Lost bluray)
    Set AnyDVD to automatic. You just have to answer correctly ("A") when AnyDVD asks you for the first time.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Hi,
    I'm not in Region A, I just use "A" because the bluray won't play otherwise, my blu ray player PowerDVD is set to "B", maybe thats why I don't have any problems with other Blurays, my other ones are for "B".

Sorry, I should have provided a log when I set AnyDvd to change the Bluray to "regio-free", as this doesn't work.

You're misunderstanding the dialog box. It's asking which region the disc is sourced from, not which region you'd like to change it to (why would anyone want to change it be locked to a different region?).

Selecting "region free" just passes it through "untouched" because you're telling it that the disc is already ABC. Setting it to Region A will answer the disc's query of "what region am I playing in?" with Region A, which it requires.

Are you sure? It worked fine with all my other blurays and they are regio-locked for sure! Iam using the automatic setting now, but I get the same error with this disc.

Yes he's sure. AnyDVD HD is asking for the region of the disc not the region you are in or the region your player is set to

Thanks, but that would mean that AnyDVDs autodetection is broken with this disc because I have to select the region manually to make it work?

Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by hackgrid View Post
    Thanks, but that would mean that AnyDVDs autodetection is broken with this disc because I have to select the region manually to make it work?
    It's not broken, it's just that on some Blu-ray discs it's not always possible to detect the region code which is why if you have it set to automatic and it can't get the region code it asks you for it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast