Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HD Media Player boxes

Just wondering if anybody uses "protected" BD iso's with any of the media player boxes, and how I would go about that if I store my iso's on a nas of some type.

Thank You

I wouldnt recommend that. If you create protected iso's, anydvd needs to run in order to decrypt them and enable playback. Doubt if you can install anydvd on a NAS.
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    I wouldnt recommend that. If you create protected iso's, anydvd needs to run in order to decrypt them and enable playback. Doubt if you can install anydvd on a NAS.
    Thanks. I will have to figure something out, I really do not want to go back and re-rip with protection disabled, but if I have to I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness77 View Post
    Thanks. I will have to figure something out, I really do not want to go back and re-rip with protection disabled, but if I have to I will.
    Well, before having an HD media player box, it was irrelevant to me, but now I'm glad I always removed protection ;-)
    OPTIARC BD ROM BC-5500S (Notebook); Pioneer BDR-206D and Pioneer DVR-S18L (PC); Panasonic Bluray Recorder DMR-BS785, WDTV Live Hub and MyBook Live 3TB (TV)
    German ClownBD Thread

What about this as a work around?
    Does anybody know if I mount an iso file on a virtual drive with anydvd, can I then share that with a Dune or other media player? Do they have that ability?
    That way I could leave protection intact?

Thanks!
    (Front what I found it looks like I could at least stream from the mounted iso file (mkv etc.) , but I am looking for full menu support etc..)
    Last edited by Guinness77; 12th May 2011 at 16:19.

Looks like the dune player does play 3d according to there website
    •RealD: watch 3D video in this ultra modern format used in cinema for the latest movies.

Is the Dune player the cadillac of the media players I have been looking again at the netgear 550 and it says it will play ISO and has TRUE HD audio as well most of the cheaper ones do no suppor true HD audio if you have 7.1 amp and speakers system

Quote Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
    most of the cheaper ones do no suppor true HD audio if you have 7.1 amp and speakers system
    This is not quite true nowadays as with the recent introduction of Realtek 1185 chipset, there are a lot of low price media players released that can bitstream HD audio (TrueHD, DTS-HDMA), though a lot come from Chinese companies.

We tested the seagate go player it didn't work too well the video suddered and audio was out of sync plus the remote doesn't work too well. We wondered why all of them were returned now we know why. We are now testing the WD TV Plus player by western digital. The specs say it will play M2TS files but not ISO. The audio does not state TRUE HD only Dolby DTS 2.0 what ever 2.0 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r View Post
    I have a Netgear 550 and it plays BD iso's perfectly with all menus and full lossless audio. No 3d though. I simply use Anydvdhd to rip to image my blue ray movies and copy to my internal or external hard drive. everything plays great with no stuttering and it shows DTS MA or Dolby HD on my reciever.
    any kind of problems?read every type of video files?The firmware is constantly upgraded?

Thanks a lot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123