Thread: copy VHS to dvd

Default copy VHS to dvd

Hi. My old VHS is slowly giving up the ghost and so we have decided to move with the times and get one of those DVD/HDD recorder things. The problem is that we have a stack of store bought videos that my kids still want to watch. I'm not looking to start a pirate movie business but I think it fair for me to copy those movies over to DVD for personal use. Does anyone have any suggestions or links that can help? Cheers in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolgierl View Post
    I'm not looking to start a pirate movie business
    lol
    links that can help?
    sure

www.amazon. de/co.uk/com (where are u come from ? ) and buy a videograbber (usb)card.

connect your vhs and you can record with the software is shipped with the card (in some cases) or a software like nero vision
    Gamebasis.bplaced.net Videogame Source the-game-basis Forum
    Let's talk about Games
    MDS Database, X-Box Installer Disc's and many more

Hi. My old VHS is slowly giving up the ghost and so we have decided to move with the times and get one of those DVD/HDD recorder things. The problem is that we have a stack of store bought videos that my kids still want to watch. I'm not looking to start a pirate movie business but I think it fair for me to copy those movies over to DVD for personal use. Does anyone have any suggestions or links that can help? Cheers in advance.
    the easy way to go forit
    check if they are released on dvd and buy it on dvd
    it might be cheaper
    now a days dvd are 1.00-3.00 retail price

I transferred my old tapes by connecting my VHS to my HDD recorder using a SCART cable. I guess there are many different ways to do it.

Lifetime SlySoft Addict & Danish Translator

I can recommend a company with a solution. Here is the site I have found: http://xdimax.com/grex/grex.html
    They have a device called Grex video stabilizer. I heard that with Grex help it will be
    possible to remove protection from DVD and TV channels and thus be able to download protected video to DVD.

I used a Pinnacle DVC 100 device and copied quite a number of protected Disney VHS films without any trouble

hello friends

we transferred to old tapes by connecting VHS to HDD recorder using a SCART cable.so I guess there are many different ways to do it. so connect your vhs and you can be record with the software is shipped with the card (in some cases) or a software like nero vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I can recommend a company with a solution. Here is the site I have found: http://xdimax.com/grex/grex.html
    They have a device called Grex video stabilizer. I heard that with Grex help it will be
    possible to remove protection from DVD and TV channels and thus be able to download protected video to DVD.
    Hi.
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion about Grex.
    I ordered a Grex unit from XDIMAX a while back. I've now had it for
    almost a week or two. It has seen a fair amount of use so far, and I
    am ecstatic with the results!
    I've recorded via the composite and S-Video connections. The video
    sources come either from my cable TV (Comcast) or from Netflix streams
    via my WiFi enabled Blu-Ray players.
    The unit has performed flawlessly and although I haven't tried hard to
    do so, upon casual viewing I have not been able to notice any sort of
    degradation of the signal (which I was, admittedly a bit afraid of).
    Thanks so much