Thread: WinDVD 2010 Pro & nVidia 3D Vision Testing

Default WinDVD 2010 Pro & nVidia 3D Vision Testing

3D Blu-ray playback test with Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro and nVidia 3D Vision hardware.

Tests are done with real Blu-ray disks to verify operation then later with ISO images.

System Setup

Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro Software (Current Version 10.0.5.819)
    NVIDIA 3D VISION - Shutter Glasses and IR Controller with on/off switch/indicator
    ASUS VG236 120Hz 3D Compatible Monitor (1920 x1080p)
    MSI GTX560Ti in SLI with nVidia Video Drivers 266.66 & 3D Vision Driver 266.66
    LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray Drive
    Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 updated

Initial test to confirm proper 2D & 3D Blu-ray playback without AnyDVD HD enabled.

Disable AnyDVD program from tray icon in lower right of Windows screen.

Insert 2D BD verify no 3D indication with nVidia 3D Vision IR controller.
    View full screen playback and confirm proper 2D Video and audio playback.
    View partial screen playback and confirm proper 2D Video and audio playback.
    Eject 2D Blu-ray Disk, close software program Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro.

Insert 3D BD verify the 3D indication lights on the nVidia 3D Vision IR controller.
    View full screen playback and confirm proper 3D Video and audio playback.
    View partial screen playback and confirm proper 2D Video and audio playback.

Note that nVidia 3D vision will disable 3D playback when partial screen is selected. Return to full screen and verify proper 3D Video and audio playback.

This is proper operation of nVidia 3D Vision system with Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro.
    Eject 3D Blu-ray disk and close Corel WinDVD 2010 Pro.

Enable AnyDVD HD from tray icon in lower right of Windows screen and repeat tests.

And this is relevant to Anydvd HD in what way exactly ? What's the problem
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    That's what was I was thinking as well.....

Default AnyDVD HD - WinDVD - nVidia 3D Vision

If AnyDVD HD is enabled during playback of 2D Blu-ray disk I will get an indication from the nVidia IR controller that 3D is detected. The nVidia logo switch on the IR controller can be pressed to disable 3D. The nVidia logo light will dim from bright green when 3D mode is disabled.

If 3D is enabled during playback of a 2D BD in full screen playback is not noticeably affected. If you reduce the screen size from full to partial screen there is video lag to one eye . What is seen is a partially updated frame of video compared to the clean image the other eye is receiving. Of course disabling the 3D by pressing the nVidia IR controller switch allows proper playback of the 2D BD. If you watch long enough the lagging video may catch up depending on the amount of changing data in the video frames.

So the solution is to disable 3D with the nVidia IR controller or disable AnyDVD HD.

During playback of 3D Blu-ray disk I get an indication from the nVidia IR controller that 3D is detected. The nVidia logo lights bright green from dim green. Playback starts full screen and 2D video is being displayed. 3D detection is indicated on the nVidia IR controller. Selecting the nVidia IR controller switch off and back on does not enable 3D playback. Of course disabling the 3D by pressing the nVidia IR controller switch allows playback of the 3D Blu-ray disk in 2D. If you reduce the screen size from full to partial there is video lag to one eye. What is seen is a partially updated frame of video compared to the clean image the other eye is receiving.

The only solution for 3D playback is to disable AnyDVD HD.

I suspect that video lagging in one eye may be caused by limited resources affected by high activity of AnyDVD HD during playback. I did receive a Windows message that AnyDVD HD CPU process was high causing limited system resources. This led me to disabling the program when searching for the reason of failed playback of 3D video.

Lastly the 3D ISO image of the same Blu-ray disk will only playback in 2D when AnyDVD HD is enabled and the "Simulate connected 3D Display" selected. When AnyDVD is disabled from the tray icon I get incompatible hardware error message from the 3D ISO image.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    Eager bever! with body gaurd?

Is info this relevant...

Project: Supernova

OS: Vista Ultimate X64 ||MB: Asus P5Q-E P45 chipset || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2 5-5-5-18
    GPU: Asus HD4870x2 2GB || Monitor: HP w2448hc || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Optical Drive 1: LG BH10LS30 || Optical Drive 2: LG BH08LS20 || Optical Drive 3: LG DVD-RAM GH20NS10

Home Theatre Setup:

TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500 via fiber optic cable

Thats not a post, its my signature.
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    If AnyDVD HD is enabled during playback of 2D Blu-ray disk I will get an indication from the nVidia IR controller that 3D is detected. The nVidia logo switch on the IR controller can be pressed to disable 3D. The nVidia logo light will dim from bright green when 3D mode is disabled.

If 3D is enabled during playback of a 2D BD in full screen playback is not noticeably affected. If you reduce the screen size from full to partial screen there is video lag to one eye . What is seen is a partially updated frame of video compared to the clean image the other eye is receiving. Of course disabling the 3D by pressing the nVidia IR controller switch allows proper playback of the 2D BD. If you watch long enough the lagging video may catch up depending on the amount of changing data in the video frames.

So the solution is to disable 3D with the nVidia IR controller or disable AnyDVD HD.
    Well the 3D playback in software players is not designed to work properly unless in full screen mode

What you don't give are any logfiles or what speed CPU you have on your system
    Last edited by Adbear; 18th April 2011 at 09:30.

Seems to be a WinDVD issue. If I play back my ISO copy in TMT 5 it plays back perfectly, but in WinDVD 10 it gives a message about not having 3D hardware installed. It's quite possible that their software won't play back 3D unless it's on a BD-ROM

log file from Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit system and hardware...

Asus P8P67 Deluxe, 4.8/3.4GHz Intel 2600K, 8GB DDR3 1866MHz
    Asus VG236 120Hz 3D Display, 2X nVidia GTX560Ti SLI,
    LG BH10LS30 BD Drive, 4x 1TB Seagate HD, 2X 10TB Drobo FS
    Gigabit wired network with WD 1TB Live Hub streaming Blu-rays @ 40+ MB/s

Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    log file from Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit system and hardware...

Asus P8P67 Deluxe, 4.8/3.4GHz Intel 2600K, 8GB DDR3 1866MHz
    Asus VG236 120Hz 3D Display, 2X nVidia GTX560Ti SLI,
    LG BH10LS30 BD Drive, 4x 1TB Seagate HD, 2X 10TB Drobo FS
    Gigabit wired network with WD 1TB Live Hub streaming Blu-rays @ 40+ MB/s

Try to enable "aggressive i/o" in AnyDVD settings.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.