Thread: Copy movie to an SD card

Default Copy movie to an SD card

Is it possible to copy a movie to an SD card, and if so, how? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kttrudeau View Post
    Is it possible to copy a movie to an SD card, and if so, how? Thanks!
    Yes, it is.

If you have a card reader, either on the computer or usb type card reader, and an SD card of sufficient size, use the browse function and select the SD card as the output directory.

Depending on the speed of the card (e.g. Class 4), it may (and probably will) take longer than copying directly to the hard drive.

Alternatively, copy to the hard drive first, then drag and drop the created file(s) to SD card - it may be the faster option.
    Last edited by mike20021969; 27th April 2011 at 13:01.
    it's not copying...it's backing up

thanks......

I think I am still doing something wrong. I can see the movie on the card, but I can't get it to play on my Cruz t301 tablet. Should I somehow change the format?

the Cruz t301 supports Mpeg-4, H.263 and H.264

What program(s) are you actually using for this task?
    Try making sure the video size is no greater than 800 x 600 pixels.
    Last edited by mike20021969; 27th April 2011 at 18:52.

It is very easy procedure to copy your movie to an sd card. First of all you have to change the movie formate according to your mobile phone and then you have to do copy in movie c.d and paste in s.d card .While sending the movie to s.d.card keep remember that the formate are liable according to thier feature of the phone .

@Carlinhomes: Op never said he has the intention to use it on a mobile phone. OP merely asked if a disc could be copied to an SD card. For all we know he intends to use it as a small "portable drive"
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    For all we know he intends to use it as a small "portable drive"
    The problem is now this:
    I can't get it to play on my Cruz t301 tablet

last time i checked a tablet aint a phone. That being said, looks like cloneDVD Mobile will be the best option or simply rip the entire disc and if possible install dvd software on the tablet
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500