Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: ReClock 1.8.7.7

Interesting situation here. Using potplayer/ffdshow/avisynth/mvtools2 combo to interpolate videos to 60fps. Also bitstream audio to external receiver. With combo I mentioned (also with MPC-HC as a player) bitstream audio stutter if framerate detection is set to Automatic in ReClock Properties during playback. If I manualy force it to 60fps bitstream audio starts to work correct and video becomes smooth without framedrops. So, I would beg for a possibility to remember selected/forced framerate if possible in some future version. I would be grateful.

Edit: a solution would be to add 60fps under Assumed framerate when not found.
    Last edited by neograniceni; 25th November 2011 at 09:32.

Can someone tell my why the default VB script to change the refresh rate will flip flop from 24hz to 60hz and back?

I have tried both the provided script (using anydvd's refresh rate changer) as well as a slightly different one using Display Changer. I am not that proficient in VB script, but my guess is somehow the If eventName = "QUIT" isn't working correctly. I'm seeing also the same behavior when using the eventname "STOP" instead. I'm very motivated to get this working. I have spent all day on it. But, it looks lie this forum just isnt that active. It also doesnt help that the log file doesnt work when I enable it.

I need help to find a clever way to execute a 60hz display refresh change once the VB script has finished. I can't depend on the eventName="QUIT" or eventname="STOP". All I need to do is execute a single executable once the script has finished.

Currently, my script can change to the correct display refresh rate; and, even smart enough not to do it when it doesnt need it. However, it can't put the refresh rate back to 60hz. I have a 60hz.exe file that will do that if I can only figure out how to execute it after the script is completely done.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mkanet; 27th November 2011 at 00:37.

Can't guarantee we can solve this. As the guys over at AVS said, some players like switching refresh rates in the middle of playback and some don't, but let's start by looking at your log. It is not in your root, it is in your My Documents folder.
    Last edited by Jong; 28th November 2011 at 13:34.

Default Minor annoyance

I'm using Reclock mainly as a direct path to the audio driver in Windows 7. The driver creates three playback devices, "Speakers", "Headphones" and "Line Out". When using "WASAPI Exclusive" with the latter two, everything's fine. But when using WASAPI with the "Speakers" device, audio starts fine but crackles badly after a short while.

This is a minor annoyance for me, as all devices end up playing sound through my speakers. I'm reporting it just in case it's a serious problem for someone else. My debug log (for all three devices) is at http://www.mediafire.com/?cjadfbbf8wiawch

Hi,

My Hardware (for reference):
    i3 2100
    Asus Gene-Z mATX
    4GB XMS3 RAM
    1GB EVGA GTX 460 SC
    Seasonic M12 II 520W PSU
    Lian Li PC-C50B case

I am using XBMC with TMT5 as external player for dvds and blu-ray.
    I used the settings you suggested in the OP, however I have a problem.

The normal resolution is 1080p @60Hz.

I am using ReClock with Display Changer so that when TMT5 starts it reads the input and changes the resolution and refresh rate according to what the input source is.
    For example for a blu-ray it sets the NVIDIA GTX460 to 1080p @23HZ (23.976p). The refresh rate is changed fine, however the video in TMT5 stutters heavily. It is like it is in slow motion, but audio seems fine.
    The playback is fixed if I Alt+Tab to Task Manager or Nvidia Settings window and Alt+Tab back to TMT5.

Any idea what is causing this?

PS: I do not have an AVR and speakers yet, so sound is coming from the TV speakers.
    Also, in ReClock I left everything as default except for the things in the OP.

Thanks

Hi James, if you ever touch ReClock again, could you update the "video stream format" detection?
    Currently ReClock reports "unknown format" for P010 / P016 (and the vsync tools are disabled.. ^^;).
    MEDIASUBTYPE for P010 : {30313050-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    MEDIASUBTYPE for P016 : {36313050-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    Thanks!

TSR
    Last edited by theshadowrunner; 3rd December 2011 at 23:20.
    XP SP3 / Geforce 8500

Quote Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    Currently ReClock reports "unknown format" for P010 / P016 (and the vsync tools are disabled.. ^^.
    Disabled? Can't you force it on checking all three boxes in ReClock config?
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Disabled? Can't you force it on checking all three boxes in ReClock config?
    That's right, disabled. The boxes are grayed out: "No vsync tools available for this media" when P010 is used.
    When I set YV12 instead of P010 and everything else unchanged, the Vsync tools are available as usual.
    Using madVR as video renderer.
    But it's not surprising (?), does ReClock know how to "draw" over P010 in the first place?
    See you,

TSR
    Last edited by theshadowrunner; 4th December 2011 at 13:36.
    XP SP3 / Geforce 8500

Quote Originally Posted by theshadowrunner View Post
    But it's not surprising (?), does ReClock know how to "draw" over P010 in the first place?
    Sure not. But it doesn't know how to "draw" over DXVA, too.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

I'm sure there's probably a good explanation for this; but, why isn't there a way to specify for media files "Assumed frame rate when not found"=59.940fps? I would like Reclock to use 59.940fps NTSC(2x) when it receives an unknown fps from the video decoder.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast