Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ReClock 1.8.7.7

Quote Originally Posted by andy o View Post
    You said "sole" purpose.
    My Trollometer measures a high non-resampled likelihood of this thread going to end after this post. Are you seriously arguing about single words now? If you read my complete post you will find many instances where I point to the many use-cases of reclock. And it does not take very much to see that I meant it in the vein of reclocks "original" or "main" purpose. In my mind the replacement of directshows reference clock which is tied to the audio clock with a reference clock that is adjusted to follow the refresh rate of the display - hence the name reclock - justifies this statement. Since it's inception reclock evolved and now offers many more functions. I still would say that the avoidance of repeated/dropped video frames is the core or reclock.

I don't use it just as that. I said it's one of its multiple uses, and that it doesn't have a SOLE purpose.
    Again read in context and do not hang yourself on one word. As you drift more and more from the original topic and get into word picking I am loosing interest in responding. Please have the last word and lets be done with this.

This is your whole post, emphasis mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. I ran it with bitstreaming when there was no easy DTS-HD solution, and then I decided that instead of worrying about the odd soundtrack that would give me pops, I'd just take a video frame error once every several tens of minutes.
    This makes no sense, if you "take a video frame error once every several tens of minutes" why use reclock in the first place? With or without bitstreaming reclock sole purpose is to sync the video stream to the monitors refresh rate in order to avoid frame drops and repeats. If you can live with these you do not need reclock at all. I think you should be careful of spreading misinformation to JackCarver, about Reclock supposedly not working for him, when in fact it is.
    One thing is argue semantics, another thing is to forget that words have meaning altogether.

And this is my last sentence of my last response to JC:
    BTW, Sandy Bridge is not the reason it's working. You're just not noticing the errors, which is fine, I didn't most of the time either.

Re: your receiver. Do you want me to fully quote all your assertions every friggin time? You said "most, if not all", and said that there were bass management and processing issues, besides the delay issue. Your receiver isn't even a modern receiver from what I can tell, and it's probably a bug.
    Last edited by andy o; 27th June 2011 at 00:13.

Hi,

for me bitstream ist the only way to go as i have practicly zero dropouts with standard catalyst timings (23,976 hz/24 hz/59,940 hz).

Resampling and realtime reencoding again to ac3 is a nogo for me.
    Too much quality loss there.

Only if you've connected your pc via hdmi to your receiver not using bitstreaming is the best option.

cya

when closing the lid of my laptop during playback, reclock and mpc-hc seem to stop playing or at least stop displaying the picture on a connected TV via extended desktop, despite all close lid settings are set to 'do nothing' in windows 7.

is there any way to fix this?

Default Copy failed

On installing reclock 1.8.7.7 I see "Copy failed" in the installation protokoll. Is this a problem or can I ignore this message? Which file could not be copied - I can't see the complete filename as it is cut off (see Log.jpg)? I tried to install as admin. I want reclock to work with powerdvd 11.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tomxx; 26th July 2011 at 07:35.

Quote Originally Posted by tomxx View Post
    On installing reclock 1.8.7.7 I see "Copy failed" in the installation protokoll. Is this a problem or can I ignore this message? Which file could not be copied - I can't see the complete filename as it is cut off (see Log.jpg)? I tried to install as admin. I want reclock to work with powerdvd 11.

Thanks for your help.
    Does Reclock work with Powerdvd?
    Did you exit Powerdvd while installing Reclock?
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

James, can you fix a bug in the uninstaller? Scenario as follows:

-Install TMT3/5
    -Install ReClock and install into TMT3/5
    -Reinstall TMT3/5 or upgrade
    -Try to uninstall ReClock

It hangs the uninstaller because the files aren't there to delete/replace. As noted this happens on both TMT3 and TMT5 installs. Yes, I get that doing this is bad, but, the uninstaller shouldn't hang.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    James, can you fix a bug in the uninstaller? Scenario as follows:

-Install TMT3/5
    -Install ReClock and install into TMT3/5
    -Reinstall TMT3/5 or upgrade
    -Try to uninstall ReClock

It hangs the uninstaller because the files aren't there to delete/replace. As noted this happens on both TMT3 and TMT5 installs. Yes, I get that doing this is bad, but, the uninstaller shouldn't hang.
    I thought I did fix this already???
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I thought I did fix this already???
    I guess I'll try again. I ran into this about a week or so ago when uninstalling to test something.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Does Reclock work with Powerdvd?
    Did you exit Powerdvd while installing Reclock?
    Reclock seems to work with Powerdvd 11. At least it is started and I can see the reclock-icon in the taskbar.

I didn't do anything with powerdvd while installing reclock. I did a new installation of powerdvd 11 ultra Version 11.0.1719.51 just before installing reclock. I even tried to uninstall and then reinstall reclock -> again "copy failed".

What is the name of the file which is tried to be copied? I can't see the complete filename in the log.

Thanks, Thomas

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast