Thread: Issue with Pirates of the Caribbean 2

Default Issue with Pirates of the Caribbean 2

Hello all,

Let me know if this is the wrong place for this, but seemed like the closest match. I have tried through two different methods to back-up Pirates 2 Dead Man's Chest and have run into terminal issues in both cases.

1) Ripping using DVDFab then shrinking to BD-25 with BD Rebuilder...end result is an error about unable to find audio (sorry, I failed to record the log file for this)

2) Ripping using AnyDVD HD then trying to extract the primary titleset using ClownBD. Also, an audio-related series of error messages.

For #2 I will attach the ClownBD log file. Since both are audio-based I'm sure the source of both issues is the same or similar. (Apparently the log file was huge so here is a snippet that shows the issues)

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

first of all: dvdfab sucks for everything
    secondly: the bdrebuilder thread is over at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please DO NOT pm or email me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Win 7 Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 412 Slim || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Screen: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: Logitech Z-5500

I agree about your "first of all"...that's why I progressed from scenario #1 to scenario #2!

I will try to re-create the issue(s) with BD Rebuilder and post the log file on that forum.

In the meantime, any idea why ClownBD isn't liking the ripped file that AnyDVD HD made?

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

Quote Originally Posted by woecarlson View Post
    I agree about your "first of all"...that's why I progressed from scenario #1 to scenario #2!

I will try to re-create the issue(s) with BD Rebuilder and post the log file on that forum.

In the meantime, any idea why ClownBD isn't liking the ripped file that AnyDVD HD made?
    Posting an AnyDVD log file would be a good start to figuring out what could be a problem with disc itself.

Is there a place where log files are stored? I see the "Create Logfile" option in AnyDVD right-click menu but it's grayed out. From the Help guide, it sounds like that function is intended for when there is an error in the ripping process. In my example, as mentioned in the original post, the title ripped completely but the errors came when trying to extract a titleset using ClownBD and/or BD Rebuilder in an attempt to burn only the main movie.

Is there a place where log files are stored? I see the "Create Logfile" option in AnyDVD right-click menu but it's grayed out. From the Help guide, it sounds like that function is intended for when there is an error in the ripping process. In my example, as mentioned in the original post, the title ripped completely but the errors came when trying to extract a titleset using ClownBD and/or BD Rebuilder in an attempt to burn only the main movie.
    Here's how to "Post an Anydvd .zip log file"

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
    b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
    c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
    d) Select "Create Logfile"
    e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
    f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
    g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
    h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
    i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    x) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    j) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    k) click "upload"
    l) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for the mods to take a look at

B. State the a)full error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

I've attached an example of how to create a log file (which I assume that you know how to do, from your response above) and an example of System Information, if your log file can't be created for some odd reason.

Very strange that you can't create a log file.

Anyway, the mods should be able to help you out if you can somehow create a System Information log at the very least.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lifetime subscription licenses to AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD2, CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile, CloneBD, and Game Jackal Pro.

Death to Cinavia!!!

Ahh...the trick apparently is not to have the ripper component open when wanting to create log file.

Anywhoo, as you requested here is the ZIP file. As far as specifics of the issue, I posted the log file created by ClownBD with my original post. What I had done was:

1) Rip entire BR to hard drive
    2) Open ClownBD and try to extract just the main movie
    3) Selecting the titleset and checking the appropriate sound/subtitle options (tried once with the PCM soundtrack and once with the DD5.1 soundtrack but results were the same)
    4) After completing the initial scan it produces a series of errors (see original attachment) and quits.

Let me know if this helps!

Not sure if anyone has had a chance to review the log file I attached earlier (from AnyDVD), but here is the log file from trying to use BD Rebuilder to shrink down the copy with the PCM uncompressed audio down to BD-25 size.

Thanks!

Not sure if anyone has had a chance to review the log file I attached earlier (from AnyDVD), but here is the log file from trying to use BD Rebuilder to shrink down the copy with the PCM uncompressed audio down to BD-25 size.

Thanks!
    Not sure if this is causing your issues or not but you do have packet writing software that can cause conflicts with other programs trying to access the drives.
    drvmcdb (system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.21.76.0 (1.0.0.1)
    Company: Sonic Solutions
    Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
    Description: Device Driver
    FileVersion: 3.21.76a

sscdbhk5 (system32\drivers\sscdbhk5.sys), Version: 1.10.84.0 (1.0.0.1)
    Company: Sonic Solutions
    Copyright: Copyright © 2003 Sonic Solutions
    Description: Shared Driver Component
    FileVersion: 1.10.84a
    To remove the filters:
    1. Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/?ln=en
    2. Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    (it's also an excellent program imo)
    3. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "name_of_filter". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
    4. Reboot
    Whatever program installed that filter may not work properly
    You also don't have the drive's region code set. It won't affect BD discs, but could affect DVDs. To set:
    So what should you do if you see "Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)"
    in AnyDVD's status window? Do this:
    a. Right click the fox icon on your system tray. Exit AnyDVD. You must do this before continuing.
    b. Click on "My computer".
    c. Right-click on any hard drive or optical drive.
    d. Select “Properties”.
    e. Click on the “Hardware” tab.
    f. Select the optical drive not set and select “Properties”.
    g. Click on the “DVD Region” tab.
    h. Select the region that you're in.
    i. Start AnyDVD.
    - AnyDVD HD, CloneBD, CloneCD, CloneDVD, CloneDVDmobile, Game Jackal
    - Plextor PX760A
    - Taiyo Yuden Premium 8x -R, Verbatim 6x +R DL