Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony PS3 Cinavia Code

Default Sony PS3 Cinavia Code

Can AnyDVD circumvent the new cinavia protection that sony is including on there disks to prevent them playing on PS3

AnyDVD will not remove Cinavia from Blu-ray discs.
    it's not copying...it's backing up

Neither DVDs too. If you want to watch a movie that had cinavia then don't use PS3

Lightbulb Look, read then maybe open a thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by Guyersm View Post
    Can AnyDVD circumvent the new cinavia protection that sony is including on there disks to prevent them playing on PS3
    (yawn......)

See this at the very top pf the AnyDVD HD Forum???

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
    Tried doing the movie again just in case but error again.
    I'm playing it back with HDD connected to my samsung blu-ray home theatre system via usb if you know what i mean.

Before I totally give up on this movie (hopefully just one off) I have another option of playing on my WD media player which I have not tryed yet, will let you know if successful.
    I'm pretty sure the WD boxes don't enable Cinavia, but obviously your Samsung does. This will start becoming more and more of a problem as it seems more studios than just Sony are starting to use it (it'll be on Warner's Wrath of the Titans, not sure if they going all-out with it or not).

If you see the retail packaging for the disc, there's usually a Cinavia logo on the back so you can get some advance warning... I think _all_ Sony titles use it now. The other studios have been kind of random so far...

But, currently, the only way around it is to find a player that doesn't support it (all set-top players made since February of this year are _required_ to support it, so you'd want something older than that, and never update it's firmware. Which also means it won't play new retail discs after about 18 months of life.) I think a media-player PC with a software player will be the only permanent solution, unless you set aside a physical player to play backups only...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
    I'm playing it back with HDD connected to my samsung blu-ray home theatre system via usb if you know what i mean.
    What Samsung model are you using and the firmware version?

One thing you can do that should work is stream the movie from a PC over the DLNA network connection to the Samsung player using a media server like Mezzimo. You will loose some resolution, but it's still very good, if you have the patience to let Mezzimo re-encode it.

But otherwise, an HTPC with HDMI is the best way to go and forget the stand alone players.
    Last edited by Roycal; 7th June 2012 at 00:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Roycal View Post
    One thing you can do that should work is stream the movie from a PC over the DLNA network connection to the Samsung player using a media server like Mezzimo. You will loose some resolution, but it's still very good, if you have the patience to let Mezzimo re-encode it.
    This probably won't make any difference as cinavia is embedded in the audio stream so it will still be detected

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    This probably won't make any difference as cinavia is embedded in the audio stream so it will still be detected
    That may be true, but I was thinking that Cinavia may not be enabled for the DLNA input. I was still seeking someone who could try that and confirm one way or the other.

Streaming services like Netflix can still stream movies that are known Cinavia infected titles through the network connections of the players without triggering Cinavia errors, so I was thinking (hoping) that Cinavia infected streams over the player's network connection do not trigger the errors.

The only way to know for sure is for someone to try it. And results could vary depending on the player model and F/W.
    Last edited by Roycal; 7th June 2012 at 00:59.

Netflix can do it because they are provided with special copies for streaming that have extremely low bitrates compared to the high def Blu-rays

Netflix definitely sacrifices the audio for the video bandwidth. No lossless HD audio, but I can get decent 1080 video streaming with Netflix. It's possible that Netflix gets "special" Cinavia free audio streams. Would be interesting to know for sure if that is the case. But I don't understand how a lower bit rate would matter.

PS An easy way to confirm that is just to record a stream (a title that is known to have Cinavia on the published version) from netflix (or other provider) and try to play it back on a Cinavia enabled player. Any takers?

Edit. Sorry that this has become off topic from the OP's post. Suggest moving it to more revelant forum, Cinavia related.
    Last edited by Roycal; 7th June 2012 at 04:15.