Thread: Proper way to create an ISO?

Default Proper way to create an ISO?

After reading that creating a DVD ISO via AnyDVD HP "Rip to Image" option is a bad idea, I started experimenting with CloneDVD2 and have the following questions:

1. What is the proper way to create an ISO image? From what I see, there are two options. You can either go through "Clone DVD", select the DVD from the optical drive, change the quality to "DVD +-R DL", leave everything as is and select "ISO/UDF image" as the output method. The other way to go is through the "Write Existing Data" option, again select the DVD drive as the source and the "ISO/UDF image" as the output method. Is there any difference between the two?

2. I noticed that regardless of procedure used, the resulting file is not labeled as "ISO" in Windows, but remain without an extension. This is different to Imgburn where the resulting file is an .iso image. Should I be worried? I am interested in the most widely compatible iso creation method, since I will be using my isos to stream via the network to a PCH A210 media player.

3. Does the evaluation copy of clonedvd2 pose any restrictions (other than the 21 days use, obviously)? I would hate to start ripping my DVDs using the evaluation version only to realize that there is a watermark or any other defect in the created iso image.

Thank you for your time.

Hi
    CloneDVD should give you access to all features during trial.

What I get (registered).
    In reverse order..

Revving up the Yugo on the onramp to the Information Superhighway

Quote Originally Posted by cutter View Post
    3. Does the evaluation copy of clonedvd2 pose any restrictions (other than the 21 days use, obviously)? I would hate to start ripping my DVDs using the evaluation version only to realize that there is a watermark or any other defect in the created iso image.

Thank you for your time.
    The evaluation trial does everything a registered version of CloneDVD2 does without typical trialware restrictions. The only restriction is the 21 day trial period.

I personally took less than a day using a trial CloneDVD2 to decide on purchasing a lifetime license. I haven't regretted the decision.