Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any difference between copying or ripping a Blu-ray disk

Default Is there any difference between copying or ripping a Blu-ray disk

I want to make a copy of a Blu-ray disk on my hard drive.
    I know I can use the AnyDVD HD rip option, but I was wondering if there is any difference between doing that or just selecting everything on the disk and just doing a Windows copy of the selected folders.
    It seems to me that AnyDVD HD would still be removing the copy protection when I did a Windows copy.

No difference at all as long as AnyDVD HD is running in the background

Quote Originally Posted by baforer View Post
    It seems to me that AnyDVD HD would still be removing the copy protection when I did a Windows copy.
    Of course it does. That's the beauty of AnyDVD's design - you can use *everything* you like. Copy from the command prompt. Total commander. Drag & drop. CloneCD. ImgBurn. BD rebuilder. ClownBD. CloneBD (soon).
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Of course it does. That's the beauty of AnyDVD's design - you can use *everything* you like. Copy from the command prompt. Total commander. Drag & drop. CloneCD. ImgBurn. BD rebuilder. ClownBD. CloneBD (soon).
    Huh!! - is this a hint as to what may be "coming soon" to a neighborhood near you

Quote Originally Posted by gmd024 View Post
    Huh!! - is this a hint as to what may be "coming soon" to a neighborhood near you
    I hope that they've found a way to get rid of that infernal Cinavia crap whenever they release CloneBD.
    Lifetime subscription licenses to AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD2, CloneCD, CloneDVDmobile, and Game Jackal Pro.

Death to Cinavia!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
    I hope that they've found a way to get rid of that infernal Cinavia crap whenever they release CloneBD.
    No, not at this time.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gmd024 View Post
    any walmart

Unhappy

Originally Posted by whatever_gong82

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    No, not at this time.
    Bummer I and some others I know that have the Ps3 would purchase CloneBD
    as soon as it came out, but guess we will just half to wait till it has the ability to remove the Cinavia junk

I'll get a lifetime when it comes out wether it can remove cinavia or not.
    I do NOT work for Slysoft. Please do NOT pm me with problems you may have!

Desktop
    OS: Vista Ultimate X64 || MB: Asus P5Q-E || CPU: Intel Q9550 || CPU Cooler: Asus Triton 79 || RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS2
    GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB || Monitor: Asus VG278 || HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
    Op. Drive 1: LG BH16NS40 || Op. Drive 2: LG BH10LS30 || Op. Drive 3: LG GH20NS10

Home Theatre
    TV: Panasonic TX-P42S20 || Blu-ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD85 || Sound: 5.1 Surround Logitech Z-5500

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
    I'll get a lifetime when it comes out wether it can remove cinavia or not.
    Same here.